FIFTEEN Right Arm

After waiting for Thomas they had secured a truck from an unwilling Marcus. They drove into the mountains. After watching the desert give way to hills the road which they were on became blocked by cars and they all continued on foot meeting the guards of the entrance though the mountain

"Aris?" A girl with black braids said looking down the barrel of the rifle that was pointed at them.

"Harriet." Aris said. A blonde girl moved her scarf as well. "Sonya." He said. The trio embraced. They had been in another maze together.

They all were grateful for Aris as Thomas tried to confirm who they were as Harriet only open the door for them to hop in.

Driving down the road she looked at Brenda who sat beside her. She was pale and her breathing began to sound labored.  Brenda looked at her and then looked away. Once they got out they were surrounded by canvas tents and vehicles. They were lead to who seemed to be their leader Vince. He didn't like them immediately.

They were about to be checked for the flare when Brenda fell down. They were going to shoot her but Thomas pleaded. Mary had come out to calm Vince down. Ada looked around feeling afraid as she hid behind Newt.

"You don't know who I am?" Mary asked. Thomas only shook his head. "It makes sense they would put you in the maze." She said kneeling down to look at Brenda's wound.

"Once you got in touch with me you said you were tired of watching your friends die." She explained. "Last time we spoke you sent me all the coordinates to every WCKD maze, trial and base." Everyone looked at Thomas knowing he was they reason they made it out. Maybe Gally would of understood. But what was her part in all of this. She felt her head twinge as she tried to remember.

"He was our source." Vince said. Thomas suddenly turned around to look at Ada. She still stood behind Newt. When Vince looked to see who he was looking at his eyes widened. He pushed through the crowd and she backed away. Newt placed himself between him and Ada.

"Ada?" he said his voice croaked. Newt turned to look at you.

"That's what you helped me with." Thomas said. Everyone turned to look at her.

"They put her in the maze too." Mary said her hands covering her mouth as her eyes watered.

"Can someone explain?" Fry asked.

"She's my niece." Vince said finally. "Mary figured out a way to get her onto the staff. She found Thomas." Vince said. He pulled her into a hug she didn't return. The hug felt strange and he pulled back realizing how she might of felt.

"You don't remember me?" Vince asked. She wished she did just by how he looked at her.

"She will soon." Teresa said. "I think they restored her memories a few days back. Maybe they connected who she was." She remembered Ada thought. She knew what she did and didn't tell her. That's why she looked at her the way she did. Teresa was resentful.

********

They took Brenda to a tent and Anna and Ada went to sit with Aris, Harriet and Sonya. They sat listening to their maze stories and Anna shared some of theirs. Stories of Kari and Paige.

"Hey Ada." Vince said. "Can I sit?" She nodded. Pushing over so he could sit next to her.

"I'm sorry about what happened."He said.

"Why did she go?" Anna asked. She knew Ada didnt feel like speaking much lately. Vince looked at Anna and back to Ada.

"She wasn't supposed to. The girl who was supposed to go was injured, Ada fit the description. It was supposed to be a 'get in, confirm the source, get out' operation." He said.

"Thomas was almost caught." Ada said to the ground. "I had to." She said. Anna put her arm around her. " Nothing is your fault." Ada turned to look at her uncle tears filling his eyes. He pushed back his hair, patted her on the back and walked away.

Thomas, Minho Fry and Newt watched from the cliff above.

"She helped you?" Minho asked.

"She went to the maze because she helped me." Thomas said.

"Hey Aris." Fry yelled and waved at him. "I don't mind him. I still don't trust him though." He said laughing.

"Hey where's Teresa?" Thomas asked.

"Over there." Newt pointed out. Thomas stood and went to go to her. Newt looked down and found Ada was gone. He stood to go find her. Minho watch curiously as he also saw the mysterious Ada missing.

********

Ada walked to a more open area and saw the biggest rock to sit on. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath in. Trying to process the last few days. She officially knew she was about one or two years older than Gally and the others. It bothered her knowing that even her age was uncertain. Even if her memory was restored she would never be able to help her friends remember who they were. She was never really apart of their family like how they were all connected to each other.

"Interesting day." She heard Newt say. "It must be nice to know you had loved ones." She looked down sadly knowing how he must feel towards her. "I never told you that it never bothered me who you were." She looked up to him.

"Thanks." She said.

"We don't ever have to talk about what happened if you dont want to." She nodded and Newt came to sit with her. He put an arm around her and she leaned into him. She wrapped her arms around him. Determined not to cry but enjoy his embrace.

Pulling away from his hug she smiled up at him.

"Thank you."

Newt pulled her chin up to look at him. But she felt herself frown as she strained to hear the familiar sounds of a helicopter.