FOURTEEN Brenda

They had successfully escaped from WCKD a third time. Zip lining away from the building where they had met Brenda once the door closed shielding them from the storm. Brenda was a bad ass. She held herself with confidence that Ada wished she had. She had taken them to her leader Jorge. Their identities were revealed immediately to Jorge who let it be known that they would be sold back to WCKD. The gang strung them up. Jorge had other plans it would seem.

After stringing them up they were rescued by Brenda who promised them she was helping them escape. WCKD had surrounded the building. Seeing Brenda as their only option of escape they followed. Brenda led them to a large window they could zip line into another building. Grabbing on to the belt Ada swung down the zip line after Anna. Newt was behind her then Teresa. When Thomas and Brenda didn't follow they had to continue on

"Brenda knows where were going. We have to keep moving so we don't get caught." Jorge said.

"How can we trust you?" Asked Minho.

"You have no other choice." replied Jorge. "Only option is to meet them at Marcus's." They group looked at each other. Shrugging they really had no other choice.

Following Jorge through the labyrinth of fallen building they walked for sometime in the dark. Jorge must of known the way by heart and didn't want to give away their position. Anna stumbled and Newt grabbed for her arm. Pulling her up. Ada felt a twinge in her chest and pushed the feeling away. No place to be catching feelings she thought.

They had climbed over some fallen walls and Ada excerted her body to keep up with the group. She felt light headed and began feeling a cramp. But she was determined to keep up. Finally after some time had passed Jorge turned on the light and passed the boys flashlights.

"Don't worry Thomas will be okay." Anna comforted Teresa who was quiet. Her face was pale in the reflection of the flashlights glare off the stone walls that surrounded them.

Ada had felt her a liquid between her legs. Embarrassed she reached down to feel dampness. Pulling her fingers closer to her face she tried to make out what she was looking at. As her pace slowed Newt must of noticed and turned his light on her.

"We'll stop here until the sun fully rises." Jorge called out.

It was blood. A quite no escaped her lips and she looked up to Newt with eyes wide with fear she pulled her hand behind her back. She tried to walk past Newt and was unable to see his expression as he grabbed her.

"Ada." Newt held on to her arm. "Are you hurt?" Her heart broke as she looked up to see his beautiful dark eyes filled with concern.

"No." she answered softly looking down and shaking her head with shame. "I'm not hurt." A tear slowly slid down her cheek. Newt reached for her chin and brought her face up to look at him. She pulled her face away. "Can you get Anna for me?" She asked looking back at him. Realization dawned on him as his light pointed down to her stained pants. Her cheeks burned from embarrassment. He turned and ran up a head to grab Anna.

Thank goodness Teresa didn't take too much notice as she sat with Fry. There was something about the way she looked at Ada which she was beginning not to like.

"Is it the baby?" Anna asked in a hurried whisper. She could only nod. Newt heard as he stood close behind Anna.

"A baby?" Newt asked just as quietly. She looked up to see his confused face. "Your pregnant?" He asked. Ada only nodded.

"Maybe the climbing." Anna said softly.

"Or WCKD." Ada added. Anna brought her hand up to cover her mouth realizing what Dr. Crawford must of meant by them already helping.

Anna took Newts flashlight and led her to a more private area. They had hoped that because of the little trek that she had just over exerted herself and the baby was okay. But the evidence was revealed when she removed her pants. She stood in stunned silence. How could she feel this much emotion over something that she only learned about a few days before? Maybe it was because it was the last thing she had of Gally's.

After a silent cry she rolled up her pants and placed it behind a rock. She took off the bracelet she wore and placed it as a small marker of the little life that was saved from the tragedy of this world. Anna handed her the extra pants and she got dressed.

"I need a moment." Ada told Anna. Anna looked at her hesitantly. "I'm okay Bee." She told Anna. She looked unconvinced as she walked away. Ada leaned against the wall and silently cried. Sobs wracked her body as she shuddered with grief. After only a moment had passed she wiped her eyes took a deep breathe and washed her face with a little bit of water from her bottle. She would hold on until she was safe. Until she had found her home she would lock this feeling away she was determined to survive just to stick it to WCKD.

Ada rejoined the group quietly refusing to met anyone's eyes. She felt Newt's gaze burning into her. Thankfully he kept his distance. She knew if he asked her anything she would crumble.

Once the sun began to peer in they moved. Walking through what resembled a market. Minho stood in front of the girls and Fry in the middle and Newt was behind her.  She wished she could remain unnoticed in the back but she knew they were only protecting them.  Jorge had led them to wait in a room in a back area telling them to keep a low profile. It was a large dusty room with large velvet curtains and lounge chairs. Ada welcomed the sight to sit on something soft. Anna sat beside her and she laid her head in Anna's lap and fell asleep to Anna brushing her hair back and Newt sitting against the couch on the floor in front of her.