SEVENTEEN Resurrection

Gally was alive. Thomas walked up to him and punched him knocking Gally down in the same manner Gally had once done to Thomas. Newt quickly ran to stop Thomas as he readied to punch Gally again.

"He killed Chuck." Thomas yelled.

"I know. I was there too." Newt said. "I also remember he was stung and half out of his mind."

Gally looked up at Thomas. He probably would of took a beating to make up for what had happened when he was stung. Thomas got off and Gally stood up.

"I had that coming." Gally said grabbing his jaw. Ada covered her mouth. Deciding not to say anything. She stared dumbfounded at him and looked at Newt who looked at her with an unreadable expression.

"H-how did you? we watched you die." Newt said.

"No you left me to die." Gally replied. "I came to and was picked up by a transport. They realized I was immune, patched me up and brought me here." Ada's eyes slid closed. But she watched him he die. Guilt filled her as she realized she had left him alone and wounded.

"Why are you guys here?" Gally asked.

"WCKD took Minho." Thomas responded.

"I may be able to help with that." Gally said.

"Were not going anywhere with you." Thomas said.

"Suit yourself but I can get you through those walls." Gally replied looking at Ada just before he turned and walked away.

Thomas looked at everyone and tentatively followed him. Brenda looked at her.

"He's from the maze?" She asked. Ada nodded.

They followed Gally through the building and to another area.

"Let me do the talking and try not to stare he doesn't get much visitors." He said. They followed a little hesitantly.

The met Lawrance and he looked like part crank as the virus ate away his nose. Gally explained they could get to WCKD with Thomas's help.

"Only two need to go. The others stay to make sure you find your way back." Lawrence said. Newt and Thomas said they'd go. What a surprise.

Gally had changed from his gear to a blue hoodie that complimented his tan. He still looked good and Ada's heart turned over at the sight of him.

They felt like strangers even though they shared so much together. Ada felt like she lost him all over again. What did she expect? He'd see her and run up and kiss her? He hated her. She also couldn't help her feelings that were slowly growing for Newt. She went to stand with Newt trying to gauge how he was feeling.

"I hope Minho's okay." Newt said quietly to her. Okay so were going to ignore this awkward situation. Ada thought.

"He will be." She said trying to reassure him.

"Lets go shanks." Gally called out to Newt and Thomas.

"Stay safe." Ada put her hand on Newts arm. Trying to get him to look at her. He did.

"I will." He gave her a small smile. He patted her arm and walked away.

Turning she saw Gally looking and he looked at the ground turning and walking out the door. Thomas and Newt followed.

They might as well have been strangers.

********

Brenda, Jorge, Fry and Ada sat together waiting for them to return. Fry came to sit by her.

"You okay?" Fry asked her.

"I will be." She replied placing her hand on his leg and giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"What do you mean?" Brenda asked. Fry looked at Ada.

"Gally and I were kind of a... thing in the maze." She answered carefully. It already seemed like so long ago since they had been together.

"Oh. That explains his stares." She said looking at her mischeviously. Ada rubbed her arm when she looked at the plants in their place they had to wait. They weren't really being guarded but they weren't exactly welcomed. "How do you feel about him now?" she asked.

"It was a long time ago." Ada replied. "I'm glad he's okay though."

********

They had returned late and gathered around a large table. Ada sat in the corner not wanting to be near Gally.

"Teresa is the key." Gally said. She looked up and noticed how much older he stood. He seemed to have grown so much and he held himself confidently as he explained that they would have to kidnap Teresa.

"No there has to be another way." Thomas said.

"Wait isn't this the one who betrayed us. Same dick." Brenda said Ada looked at her.

"I like her." Gally said and she felt her heart drop.

"We have a chance to save Minho and your hesitating." Newt said angrily everyone was some what shocked. Newt never spoke to anyone like that. "Afraid of hurting your little girlfriend." He shoved Thomas against the wall. Ada stood as well as Fry unsure of what was happening.

There was silence.

"I'm sorry." Newt said. Turning to all of them. "I'm sorry." He turned and left the room. Ada watched in confusion. Thomas looked at her and Ada pointed her head indicating to follow him. He did and Ada looked to see Gally staring at her. A blank expression on his face.

"What was that?" We looked at Fry. He only shrugged.

"Newt had a point though." Gally said. They went and grabbed something to eat. Gally handed her a bowl and took it without looking at him.

They waited for Thomas to return and sat and ate quietly. Thomas came in and walked up to Ada. She looked up at him mid bite as he put his hand on her shoulder.

"You should go see him." Thomas said. She nodded and got up to go find Newt. He sat outside his feet hanging off the ledge.

She sat close to him and looked at him as he stared at the city walls. He turned to look at her.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel unimportant to me." He said she looked at him slightly confused at his sad eyes. "You are important but there are things we have to do when its the right thing to do." They sat in silence for a moment.

"Whats wrong?" She asked he slowly rolled up his sleeve to reveal the angry dark veins forming on his arm. Ada closed her eyes and her face slightly scrunched fight back tears. She grabbed his hand and turned his hand up closely examining the wound.

"We'll get you help. How Thomas saved Brenda." She said looking at him with hope filled eyes. He nodded at her not saying a word. "You'll be okay. Be brave." He reached up with his hand she held and pushed some hair behind her ear and stared at her. He wiped away a tear that managed to escape.

"Be brave." He whispered to her and she put her head on his shoulder. She calmed herself down unknowing that Gally watched them from the shadows.