TWELVE Phase 2

Ada and Minho tried to wake up Thomas. Sand whipped their face as the guards tried to hurry them into a building.

Waiting with everyone in a room. Jansen entered and explained how WCKD wouldn't be able to find them here. There was a chance to be sent to a new home of sorts.

She was directed to the showers and enjoyed the water. Brushing all sorts of dirt and blood from their bodies. Changing into their new clean clothes she found Anna, Teresa and her matched. A white tank top and blue loose pants.

They were then taken to the medical wing where they all sat to get a physical. Looking around Ada saw Newt getting a needle. Thomas getting blood work and Minho on the treadmill. She silently hoped she didnt have to go on the treadmill. Teresa was staring at Thomas she looked a little unsettled at the situation. Anna and Ada shared a bed holding each others hand.

Even though she had no idea where she was she was greatful that Anna was here. A female doctor went to Teresa and closed the area so Teresa would have some privacy. She looked at Newt who stared back at her. He seemed to be reading her expression. She smiled trying to ease the tension and a slow smirk crossed his face.

Thomas was then taken away and he stared back as the side curtain was closed on Teresa and his eyes fell on them. Something in Thomas's eyes unsettled her.

Next was my turn. "Can she stay?" She held on to Anna. The doctor only nodded. She closed the curtain looking at Newt while she did. She examined Ada and took her blood.She left and they waited for results. Coming back with Ada's chart she simply shook her head at her.

"Your pregnant." She said simply.

"What?" She practically yelled. Hearing Newt scramble to the curtain.

"You okay Ada?" he asked.

"She's okay Newt." Anna replied unsteadily. "Gally" she whispered asking her. She could only nod as tears filled her eyes. How stupid could she be.

"We can help you." The doctor said. The shock was too great and she found herself unable to speak. She had a baby. Gally's baby. She shook her head dumbfounded and started to cry. Clinging to Anna she cried with her.

"We can help you." The doctor repeated. She thought they were so nice. She didn't know they had much more sinister intentions for her child.

Anna was checked and found to be in perfect health. They were both moved to a different room. The girls passed what must of been a mess hall. Following Teresa and Anna they heard Teresa's name being called. Turning Thomas was there and Ada caught a glimpse of Minho. That meant Newt, Fry and Winston would be with them. Hoping everything was okay with all of them. They were lead to a room and they came for Teresa. She was taken and she looked back at us as we all shared a look. Faking a brave face for her. She smiled a small smile and left. Food was brought to them. Anna just sat with Ada.

"I didn't mean what I said in the glade after Ben died." Anna said.

"I know." Ada said. "Are you glad were out." Ada asked looking at her friend.

"Yes." She looked at her with tear filled eyes. "And no." Sleep took them as they laid in the bed together. They had slept for several hours. They woke to a a medical team surrounding them. They explained that they wanted to double check some things. Anna was allowed to stay while they scanned something on Ada neck and then nothing but darkness as she passed out for the night.

She dreamed of Gally. The night before everything fell apart. It was different though. Darkness filled the sky and suddenly She was ripped from Gally's arms.

She was in a place she didn't know. Monitors were everywhere and there was Thomas. No one else was in the room.

"What are you doing?" She asked. Her voice sounded far away.

"I have to do this. I cant keep watching them die." He looked at her and his confidence and resolution made her realize he was the one she was looking for.

She looked at the door when they heard something. Thomas looked at her and she knew she was dead if she helped him but it was for a righteous cause. She went to the door. Opening it she looked back at Thomas.

"Thank you." He said. Ada nodded. Opening the door and distracting who ever was there.

She was awaken the day after and found she was so exhausted. She sat up fast and started throwing up and Anna tried to help but she could tell she was at her wits end. She finally convinced Her she was okay and made Anna lay down. She laid her head down trying not to throw up.

Anna rubbed her head and they laid like that until the alarms began to ring.

*********

Blaring alarms she stood with Anna. Swinging her legs off the bed she tried to open the door. They were locked in and she looked at Anna concerned.

"When did they lock it?" She asked Anna. She only shook her head.

"Must of been after your procedure. I was able to leave for the bathroom before that." She said. "I wonder what's happening." She said.

They stood there for what felt like forever. Until they heard shouting. They looked at each other. Thomas's face popped into the door window. Causing them to jump.

"They're here." He yelled. The doctor open the door and Thomas held a weapon.

"Thomas!" they both yelled. Everyone was with them.

"We have to go." Without thinking they left with them.

Dr. Crawford led them to Teresa's room she was sleeping and Thomas and Newt ended up having to break the window to escape the guards who were trying to break down the door. Thomas helped Teresa out into the connected room because they all wore no shoes. Frypan carried Anna over and Newt helped Ada over the shattered glass.

"Please Ada we can help you. We already have." Dr. Crawford yelled from the other side of the window. They already had what? She felt Newt pulling her away.

"I have to stay." She said turning to Newt. Desperate to look after her child. He looked at her with disbelief.

"What ever it is well help you." Newt said. Anna came up to them too.

"We dont need them Ada." Anna said pleading with you. "We dont need them" she repeated. Her feet began to work and she looked back at Dr. Crawford. As the door to the room they climbed into opened and a shot rang out.

"Come on!" She heard Thomas from a little ways away.

So she followed them down a large corridor and to a large security door that wouldn't open. They were cornered in by Jansen and his guards. Newt pulled Anna and Ada behind him. Minho did the same for Teresa.

Thomas walked down the hall in front of them to protect them with the only gun they had.

"Your never getting through those doors Thomas." As if on cue the door opened to Winston and a boy she had never seen before.

Thomas shot his remaining shots and ran as the door began to close. He slid underneath it just in time and the new boy smashed the keypad so that they wouldn't be able to reopen it.

They ran through the warehouse to the large doors the first had entered when they first arrived. Thomas ran to the doors and pulled the lever to open the door. He ran into the sand storm and with one last look into the safety of the compound They braved the storm.