part 1.

*Brookes POV*

I was on my way to the bathroom when i heard a big bang. I ran downstairs and saw my mom lying on the floor unconsious. I flipped her over and saw a bullet in her right side and a hole in the wall then started to cry.

I called the paramedics and they took her to a funeral home to arrange her wake. I just sat there and balled my eyes out.

It was just me and my mom here. The closest relative i had lived in california. I was just a southern Oklahoma girl from a small town in a small house and a small family. I couldn't just move my life half-way acrossed the country, leave my best friend Maralyn, and forget about my mom.

I tried to find a way it would work out but i couldn't. I knew i could never forget my mom. But she's gone. Gone forever. Never comming back.

My thoughts were interupted by my phone ringing. It was the funeral home.

"Hello?"

"hello are you Brooke Lanely?"

"yes?"

"i'm calling to inform you that we called your uncle in california and he said he would be happy to take care of you."

"wait im leaving today?"

"yes have your things packed and ready for the movers by 7:00."

"um... okay thank you."

"your welcome im sorry for your loss goodbye"

"goodbye"

Oh no. Im moving to california in 4 hours. Leaving my friends (friend) mom and life behind. I started packing and waited for the movers.

This is going to be a heck of an experience.