Chapter 5

Holding the straps of her backpack, Ira stood near the swimming pool, tapping her foot on the ground in anticipation, waiting for Ehan. She thought of asking him about tutoring her.

"Not tutoring, it'll be like..."

Her thoughts were trailed off and she stood straight, noticing Ehan walking towards her. He hung his bag on one shoulder, holding it and the other hand had some books. His eyes looked straight and his legs moved ahead until he noticed Ira. He stopped on his tract, mentally groaning. He had no idea of encountering her; being not fond of the way she screams, grabbing other's attention. He doesn't like much attention but whenever he finds her around, everyone's eyes remain on them.

He slowly took a U-turn and walked back on the way he came from. Ira's smile faltered when he changed his route. She knew it was because of her, but still, she ran behind him.

"Wait" she stopped him, standing on his way with her hands in the air. He stopped, looking everywhere but her.

"I have an offer for you" she spoke in an excited tone, clapping her hands together.

He still didn't meet her eyes, looking elsewhere.

"Won't you ask what?" She wondered, frowning at his blank face.

When he didn't reply to anything, she nodded and said, "Never mind. I'll tell you myself. Do you often get angry about anything and find no way to let out your frustration?"

His eyes snapped at her all of a sudden. He looked at her shocked. For a moment, he thought she knew about his life; the frustration and anger he held within him. He looked at her with narrowed eyes as she raised he eyebrows, a wide smile on her face.

"Answer me" her voice brought him back to his senses. He looked at the ground, not understanding what she meant. He turned on his shoes and started walking towards the cafeteria. As expected, she started following him, surprisingly quiet.

He took his usual seat at the corner after placing his orders. Ira did the same and without even asking, she joined him at his table. A deep frown occupied Lily's face as she noticed Ehan and Ira together.

"So you are not gonna say anything?" Ira asked, keeping her voice low. She realised Ehan becomes uncomfortable when people eyes at him. So she kept her voice low.

He kept his eyes fixed on the table, his face stony as he hoped either she to disappear or he to become invisible. He noticed his classmates giving him strange glances from other tables. Just like Lily, they were shocked to see the introvert Ehan Sinha, who stair m doesn't talk to anyone, the one who has no friends, having lunch with a new girl; a junior girl to be precise.

"Here is the offer. Whenever you get angry, all you have to do is, meet me and say whatever comes to your mind. You can yell, scold, shout, scream or even curse me. But don't forget to add 'Go and study now' at the end. This way, you'll be able to remove your anger and I'll be able to study peacefully" she explained.

He looked at her, meeting her eyes with a frown. He tried to look through her soul through her deep black eyes, shining innocently at him. He averted his gaze as she smiled at him, raising her eyebrows. Without saying anything, he stood up and left.

Ira groaned, palming her face with both her hands. It wasn't like she was expecting him to agree. She just wanted to try once. She already made up her mind that she was gonna ask him once if he didn't agree, she wasn't going to force him. After all, he was her senior. Not only that, he was the topper. It was foolish of her to think he'd waste his time on helping her.

"Ehan" Lily called out loud to stop him, but he walked out before she could come out of the counter. Ira looked at Lily, bewildered.

"This boy!" Lily mumbled, sighing in defeat.