Chapter 7: Aftermath

After a week of bloodshed and tears, okay, maybe not bloodshed

After a week of bloodshed and tears, okay, maybe not bloodshed. Well, I did get some paper cuts. Anyways, Jessica is coming over to review the work that I have done, and we may be able to finish editing my book within the next few weeks, which means I will be a published author by September. The past 4 days have been interesting, to say the least. Okay, that's a lie. It has been so awkward we can't even really be in the same room as each other. Every time I walk into the same room he is in, usually the kitchen, he will walk out with making eye contact with me. We don't talk, we don't interact with each other, we don't do anything. When Jessica arrived, we made our way to the living room, and I saw Rowan sitting in the couch with a book in his hand. He looked up and saw me in the room and he got up and walked into the kitchen, leaving us on our own. "What was that about?" Jessica asks sitting on the couch.

"I don't know," I reply trying to move past the moment. She doesn't need to know what is going on.

"Hmm." Just as she says that Rowan walks back in the living room, and he hands Jessica a cup of coffee. He walks over the furthest corner of the room, but he still sat close enough to hear our conversation. Jessica looks over at him and raises her eyebrow in confusion, she then looks over at me and notices that I am not looking at him. Looking between the two of us, she can feel the unbearable tension that has grown over the last couple of days. 'I'll get to that later,' she thought to herself. "So, how has the past week been?" She asks, trying to diffuse the tension, ultimately failing.

"It has been interesting, to say the least," I reply leaning back against the couch. I hear Rowan scoff across the room. "Oh, is there something you would like to say?" I ask curtly.

"Interesting is the understatement of the year," Rowan says just as rude as I ask him. Jessica looks between the two of us, and looks back over at me and whispers, "Do I want to know why he said that?"

I reply by shaking my head, signaling her that I don't want to talk about the situation. She pulls out the work that we need to do, and she lays it out on the coffee table. We start by going over the plot, and she approves what I did throughout the week, and we continue on with subplots, and then we moved on to characters. The entire time that we have been working, Rowan and I have been making eyes, and not the flirty kind of eyes, the death glare kind of eyes. It has been nothing short of awkward, but we aren't doing anything about it. After a while, Jessica looks over at Rowan and I shooting death glares to each other and decides to put an end to it, but one smacking me upside the head and, "What the hell is happening between the two of you!" Two, by yelling.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as Rowan and I breaking our eye contact.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe how you two are staring at each other, and also can you not feel the high amounts of sexual tension?" Jessica sarcastically states. It's true, there is a lot of tension between the two of us, but I wouldn't call it sexual tension. Rowan doesn't look at me like that.