Chapter 8: The Truth... Sorta.

"Wait

"Wait... You are telling me you are a princess?!?!" I yell out them, leaving my mouth wide open.

"Crown Princess Amelia Isabella Montero-Delefonte of Illelia," Amelia says, saying her full name. Her parents gave her a beautiful name.

"And Rowan is your... bodyguard..." I ask, for probably about the 7th time.

"It has been my job pretty much since she was born to protect her. My father is her father's best friend and most trusted bodyguard in the palace. I have been her actual bodyguard for about 2 years. Since she was 20 and I was 22," He explains.

"I seriously don't believe you right now! How can the person I am sitting by be a princess?"

"If you don't believe me, look it up on Google. You will find articles and pictures of the small European country and my family." Vanessa Carter is saying she is Crown Princess Amelia Isabella Montero-Delefonte and Rowan Taylor is actually Rowan Taylors-Martinez and the bodyguard to sed princess... What? I pull out my phone and type it into Google. The search results load up and the first thing that comes up with the Wikipedia page all about her supposed family. I scroll and read as I go along, and I come across her family tree. I look through it and I eventually come across her name. Not only did I come across her name, I see another name... Sebastian Princeton. Who is he? "Wait, here, it says you are engaged? Then why are you here?"

"Do you really think that I would want to be engaged?" Amelia asks sarcastically.

"Not really, but why are you?" I ask. If she doesn't want to be engaged, then why would she be? Is she being forced?

"She is okay with being engaged, but really doesn't like the guy. She must be married by her 28th birthday," Rowan explains. I have a feeling that some parts are being left out, especially on why she is in New York. There is no way that her parents would have let her come here.

"How are you even here, if you don't mind me ask? If your parents are forcing you together with a guy, then why would they let you come here?" I ask.

"My parents said I need a break," she says without looking me in the eyes. A telltale sign she is lying. One day she will tell me, but I won't push her. But, I can't help but be curious... Did she run away and now they are looking for her? I'm not going to push for answers though, because it is enough having to tell me this. I am grateful for that.

"Jessica, is this going to affect our relationship with the book because I don't want it too. I don't want you to give me special treatment because I am princess," she asks, out of the blue.

"Vanes- Amelia, I would never do that. You are still a normal woman that wants to publish her book. I would never treat you differently." That's because being a princess doesn't define her, she defines herself.

"Jessica, you are still going to have to call her Vanessa at the office though, nobody can know who she is," Rowan interjects. Duh, I knew that already, but why?