Chapter Nine

The day of Regionals

After the extravagant send off that the faculty and student body of Dalton gave the Warblers, the boys found themselves on their way to Uptown Westerville largest theater where the competition was being held. The bus was quiet as everyone was resting their voices considering that the songs they had practiced would need a lot of power, Kurt's mostly since the fae had no intention of holding back any notes- Rachel Berry be damned. Said fae was resting his head on Blaine's lap, reading through the lyrics to ensure he wouldn't miss a single word. Blaine smiled as he found it cute and kissed his boyfriend's forehead which made Kurt smile. An hour and a half later, the bus pulled up to the back entrance of the theater, the competition coordinator coming out to welcome and greet the group as Wes, David and Thad stepped up to shake his hand since they were the council. They were soon all led to their green room where everyone started to unwind and get ready for the show. Kurt went through his solitary show breathing exercises, tapping and swinging his legs.

"Alright Warblers, I cannot express how proud I am of all of us for getting to this point even after everything. Now, those teams out there might be really good and might even be slightly better than us but they will never have this-this bond that we created. So when we get out there, let's give our best and—God, I can't believe I'm going to say this but—have fun. Warblers Always?" Wes said, a few Warblers tearing up or patting Kurt and Blaine with pride, the couple smiling. "Warblers Forever." The group said back before getting ready to head to the audience. It was pretty full but Kurt was able to spot his parents and waved excitedly, the same with Blaine's mom. The boys sat down and soon the competition started right away. There were a few amazing groups and some who were okay until the New Directions came onstage to which Blaine took Kurt's hand and kissed it, leaving his lips against the skin, the fae smiling and letting the vampire hold his hand. "We're so winning." He whispered and Blaine chuckled quietly, nodding. Soon it was their turn as Wes led them from the audience and everyone got into position from behind the closed curtain. Kurt felt his nerves kick up and started to breathe sporadically. Blaine noticed and stood in front of his mate, kissing him softly which made Kurt finally breathe calmly as he pulled back. "Don't be so nervous baby. We're going to kill this because we have you. I'm so proud of you." Kurt smiled tearfully and Blaine kissed his cheek before going to his spot, Kurt heading for center stage. He could do this. They've practiced time and time again with every song, every dance, every routine in and out of uniform. "You can do this. You can do this. You. Can. Do. This." Kurt whispered to himself as the announcer introduced the Warblers, the crowd cheering as the curtain raised and a single light shined on Kurt.

(Kurt):
I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are

But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Kurt smiled and snapped his fingers, the black lining lifting with lights to show the rest of the Warblers who began to spread out. A few cheers could be heard which made Kurt smile and sing his next part with power.

(All together)
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh

//Kurt// (Warblers)
Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades and
Reaching for the sun (we are warriors)
Yeah, that's what we've become (yeah, that's what we've become)