II

Quiet sobbing filled the room and echoed through my veins. The crying mostly coming from Gerard, I walk over to him and place my hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong?" I calmly ask not wanting to startle him.

"It should have been me, not Ronnie."

"Listen, don't you dare say that. It could of been any of us." It hurt me to hear Gerard say that.

"You're right. Thank you."

"It's okay. Don't pull yourself under, you've got to be strong and if you ever need anything you can always come to me. Understand?" He nodded and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Hey Kellin." Gerard called.

"Yes Gee?"

"How does none of this seem to affect you?" Gerard looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I held his chin up with my index finger.

"You just have to keep fighting, take each round as they come and don't show any sign of weakness because that's what he wants."

"I wish I could be as cunning as you, Kellin."

"Remember this, you're smart, handsome and charming. I would kill to be like you." Gerard laughed and pulled away. "It's okay to feel upset, hurt, like an outcast. Promise me this, whenever you feel like that come to me and I'll do what I can to help you through it."

Gerard smiled, "I will Thank you."

*Crackling*

"Number 6 is deceased and now it's time for round two." The lights flickered off.

They flicked back on for us to discover that a door had opened; the same door that Ronnie walked through. "Line up in single file in the order of your numbers and walk through the door to receive your next instruction."

We did as he commanded, first was Ricky, then Andy, Vic all the way to the end was me. Once we're all through the door, it slammed shut echoing throughout the building, which caused me to jump slightly.

"This game is simple, two of you will be chosen at random to pick a door. You're answer will determine who lives and who dies." The lights went off again.

"But that's not fair!" Ash shouted.

Darkness.

When the lights flickered on, we saw two compartments each one behind a wooden door.

"Number 3 you will choose a door." Came the speaker.

"No!" Vic screamed practically begging not to.

"Either you choose or everyone dies."

"Okay, Okay. I choose................the left door."

I ran up to him trying to tell him that what he's doing was the best thing to do.

"Good. By picking the left door, you have allowed Denis to survive." Ben sighed in relief. "Therefore you have chosen the right door to die. Say goodbye to Oliver."

The room suddenly filled with screams and cries from what we just encountered. Everyone hugging someone else to support themselves or another.

"This is all my fault," Vic muttered into my shoulder.

"Don't you dare say that okay. You were forced, This is not your fault." I argue back pained.

"Kellin's right." Came Chris' voice. "Don't beat yourself up over it. He said play by the rules and that's what you did. You didn't kill Oliver, that monster forced you to. You saved Denis' life. You're his hero Vic." Explained Chris.

Footprints walked towards us. "You're my hero Vic." Was Denis' voice next to us.

****
Thank you EmoZeeOfficial for all your support.