VII (Final)

"You're okay Vic," I hear Chris say while he pats Vic's back as his throwing up.

"His blood was on my hands!" Vic screams hysterically, his tanned cut hands extending outwards.

I grabbed them holding them in mine, running my thumb over his knuckles in a comforting manner. "I know this is a shock to you, seeing Denis pass away right in front of you must have woke something up inside you."

Vic only stared blankly at me, but not attempting to interrupt. "What's done is done and believe me if I could turn back time, I would." Vic smiled slightly as his gaze never left mine.

Chris softly rubbed his back before removing his shirt and handing it to me. I thanked him as I cleaned the substance from Vic's mouth.

Once I finished, I pulled back helping him to his feet. "Aw, it's so nice to see you getting along. It would be a shame to see one of you die."

"Leave us alone!" Vic yelled as loud as he could manage. "We didn't do anything."

Chris pulled the tanned boy into his chest, holding his head just below his shoulder. "It's sad really, you three were always my favorites. Chris, I remember when I would watch your husband sleep. His cute little face was precious."

Chris made a ball of his fists at the mention of Ricky. "Don't talk about my baby that way, you fucking perv!"

Vic clutched onto his arms as if to tell him to stop. "Shouldn't you be saying my dead baby?" The voice sniggered sardonically.

"Chris, Vic, Kellin. This is the final round, you must choose wisely or else you all die. Understand?"

"Choose what?" I asked half toned.

"Who's funeral it will be. There's a door to your left," started the recording. "Two of you will walk out of here without any memory of me or how your 'teammates' died. The only thing you'll remember is who your teammates were. You'll rebuild your life and will have no knowledge of what you've been put through here."

"But what if you have a photographic memory?" I asked, scared as I knew Vic has one.

"That will render you helpless, though you will skill have the skill, you will not remember a thing about Slander." Tears filled my eyes, wanting nothing more to fall. "You shall be blindfolded and fight against each other until you hear a loud beep, you shall stop, remove your blindfolds, enter the code, walk out the door and never look back."

Just as the recording said, blindfolds covered our eyes as our chains dragged each of us to a different current of the room. "Begin." I heard in a growled tone.

I charged forwards without any plan in mind, hopelessly looking for Vic or Chris to hold. No luck came my way, only cold washed over me and black consumed my vision.

That's when I heard a beeping sound signifying the end. "No!" I heard someone scream, unable to secrecy whose voice it was. Footsteps came rushing towards me as I felt someone pull my blindfold off.

"Baby?" The same voice asked, this time sounding more concerned and scared.

"Go, just go." I manage to breathe out as a sharp pain bruised through my body.

"No I'm not leaving you." Vic argued back. Chris' hands held my wounded stomach as I tiredly held my eyes open.

"I did it for you two." I whisper before another sense of darkness filled my dazed state.

"You're not leaving me, Kells. Stay with me." Vic urges, yet it's no good, I'm too weak.

Chris glanced at Vic with denial written on his face. "He's gone." He simply said, fatigue laced in his voice.

Vic's tears fell onto my cold, numb face, staining my pale skin and soaking my raven hair. He passionately kissed my forehead before Chris pulled him away from my lifeless body.

"659824712." The quiet mutters of my long lost friend and fiancé said in unison as they entered the code.

I heard the faint clicking of Vic and Chris' shoes as they walked off into the distance. For even though I'm dead, I can still see the face of who really killed me. The game maker himself. My own father. For Vic and Chris are innocent.

****
Well, that was certainly a game changer (pun intended). Hopefully you're okay and don't hate me. Loads more stories coming for you. I hope you enjoyed reading as I did writing it. Sorry it's a short story, I really wanted to finish this one before I proceeded to work on my other ones.