My hands felt cold and heavy as my breaths almost seamlessly mimicked the atmosphere. All I wanted was for Vic's hands to warm up mine, comforting me and telling me that everything will be okay. Though, I know that's not true.

I can still hear the sardonic voice that resonated through my veins, sending a wave of unwanted shivers down my decaying spine.

My mind wonders to a place that I don't want it to, but I end up finding no escape from my reality. Every time I close my eyes, I see the lifeless face of people who I once called 'my friends.' Now they're nothing more than another pile of bones to lay to rest.

Although I manage to pull myself from my thoughts, the realization hits me. Another one of us are going to die.

"As you are all aware there are now 7 of you left. You will all be placed in one room and to move onto the next round, you will have to make a sacrifice." The animated voice echoed through the speaker.

The room went dark and I found myself being dragged into another cubed space. The collar around my neck was now attached to a chain that pulled us along.

It was a cathartic scene, blood covered the dusted wooden walls. Mice scampered along our feet and tools such as a shovel and axe were alined across the designated walls.

"This part is simple. 6 of you will move on and 1 will stay in this room alone. For whoever stays there is a pistol and a bottle of rum. You can make the choice of ending it quickly, or drink yourself to death."

I looked around and to my horror, the recording was right. "You shall work as a team in deciding who survives. You have 5 minuets, your time starts now."

As that was said a small hourglass started pouring sand down. We didn't have long and I could tell by the look on everyone's face that they are feeling the same as me. Scared.

"Guys, we need to be smart about this. There has to be some reason why we have a number on each of our collars. He said that we need to find the syllable to crack the code." I stated bringing everyone in closer.

"But that's just it, we don't know the code." Exclaimed Ricky, looking over at me.

My eyes scanned the group in search for any clues or signs that somebody would work something out. "That's it," Gerard said.

Our attention was drown to him. "That's what?" Asked Ben.

"The code. We all have a different number, right?" We nodded in agreement. "Think about it, one by one we have be eliminated and what do we all have in common?"

Silence filled the atmosphere for a brief second. "A different syllable." Came Chris' voice.

"First to die was Ronnie, then Oliver, then Ashley, Ash and Andy." Started Gerard.

"The code is the number order we die in," I say. Gerard nodded.

"Correct. Ronnie was number 6, Oliver 5, Ashley 9, Ash 8 and Andy 2. If you put that all together, what do you get?"

"65982." Said Ben quickly. "That's the code, but it isn't finished yet, 5 of us still need to be eliminated."

Again silence entered the air. "Who is not going to be leaving here?" Spoke the voice from the far corner.

Our eyes met one another's in fear. "Me." Called Ben bravely.

"What!" Denis screamed. "No." He continued.

"Good choice." Was all we heard before our chains began to tug us forwards. All except for Ben's one.

Denis tried to run towards Ben, with very little luck in succeeding, Ben stepped forwards and reached his arm out. Denis helplessly scampered above the wooden floor as he tried to grab Ben's hand.

For a quick second their hands connected before Denis was being dragged off with the rest of us. "No, I'm not leaving him," he yelled as he tried tanking at the chains.

"Denis, there's nothing we can do." I say pained.

"Ben!" Denis screamed as he threw himself forwards as he aimlessly tried latching onto his partner hand. No luck and Denis fell to the floor with a thudding sound that bounced off the walls.

As he was pulled along the floor, his feet would kick viciously in protest. The door was wide open as we walked through it, Denis being pulled through. "I'm sorry." Ben mouthed as Denis watched in silence.

The door slammed shut that caused me to slightly jump. "4." Vic whispered to himself although I heard.

I walked over to the now hysterical Denis and help him to his feet. "He's gone." He cried. I rubbed his back in hopes of comforting him.

"He did this for you, remember that." I hushed him. Denis pulled away and I wiped his eyes. "I promise you that he was loves you."

Denis just simply nodded unable to form a coherent sentence. The atmosphere felt heavy and breezy.

"659824." Vic repeated again, only this time louder.