Chapter 4

“You have no idea how hard it is to do my hair.” Levi nags while driving.

“And you have no idea how a girl feels when you call her fat.” I answer back.

“A girl doesn’t wrestle a man!” he argues.

“And you’re a man?” I frown.

“Yes.” He says frankly.

I turn my head to face him, just to argue with his blunt answer, but I could actually see now why he’s so pissed. He did clean up well. His untamed hair is now tamed, though it’s sticking out on some parts – my fault, but I can’t say I regret it because I don’t.

I’m evil.

I scan Levi’s outfit to try and find an insult to throw, but I ended up annoyed. To my dismay, he actually looks good wearing a blue button down long sleeves with an open collar and a pair of tight black jeans. I want to punch him. Why does he have to look so absurdly good in anything?

“Stop checking me out Sav. That’s so incestuous of you.” Levi says.

“Oh Levi, such ambition you have there. You do know you’re not worth checking out, right? Even prostitutes won’t dare to do you.” I counter.

“Well, you look horrid yourself too.”

And let the bickering games begin.

“Levi! Stop the car!” Taylor screams interrupting the infamous bickering game we’re playing.

“What was that?” I ask.

“It was just some stray cat.” Levi answers and continued driving.

“Just a stray cat? It was a LIVING stray cat!” Taylor rages. “We could’ve killed the poor thing.”

I smile inwardly at this, but not because she shouted at Levi. Okay, maybe a little, but mainly because she cared for something that doesn’t really involve her. Taylor might be self-centered sometimes, but she still has a soft spot somewhere in that fierce heart of hers.

That’s right, she has this fierce heart, and it’s on the roll. She’s giving Levi a good 15-minute-and-still-counting ‘speech’. Yes, I may be enjoying every bit of this event, but I still pity Levi’s soul.

“This is why you’re supposed to focus on the road Lev.” I lecture him after his ‘scene’ with Taylor.

“It’s hard to focus when you’re around.” he mumbles under his breath with furrowed brows.

“Yeah, I know my beauty is just so distracting sometimes. I forgive you.” I sass.

“Keep dreaming,” he argues, “it’s that annoying voice of yours that’s distracting me. If you just stop praising yourself, I should’ve focused more on driving than correcting your lies.”

Oh no, he didn’t.

“No Lev, every single adjective I describe about myself is the obvious truth.” I answer back at him, “And BTW, my voice is divine.” I grin at him and started singing the latest Miley Cyrus song, but like the annoying creature he is, he has to compete with me so he sang along, only in a higher pitch than a normal guy.

If the windows of this car weren’t close, I’m sure all hell will break loose.

We remained like this for I don’t know how long, until Taylor finally lost her patience. Her short temper just saved the world. People should be grateful. Hurray for the heroine.

“Can you two not!” Taylor interrupts again, “Oh my gosh. Both of you have got to buy a better voice.”

We both stop singing. Taylor really is scary when she’s mad.

Love in DistressOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara