Chapter 7

Author's Note: This chapter is crap. Sorryyyy, but I'm going to edit this soon :)

-----

“You passed out.”

“What?” I get up quickly, but my head started to throb. So I fell back to my bed.

“Get up slowly dear. You might feel a little dizzy at first.”

“Dad, where’s Levi?” I croaked.

“He’s still recovering in the third guest room.” My father tells me. “Savannah, what happened there?” he cups my cheek tenderly.

I swallowed. I don’t want to tell this story, but seeing the look in my father. Seeing the mixture of determination and concern on his steel grey eyes, I just know I can’t resist this. So I tell him everything.

I mean not everything. I left out the part about Adam. He doesn’t have to know that. My dad’s the typical father who will scrutinize every guy his little girl dates. And I don’t even want to think what my father might do if he finds out what Adam did. Yes, Adam and his family may be awfully rich, but my dad is an influential man. And that means he has so much power that he can do whatever he wants to do in just one simple command.

“Do you remember their faces? I promise you they will pay for what they did.” The tone in his voice deathly.

“No dad, I honestly can’t.” I admit, “But I remember their name uh…” I closed my eyes, trying to recall the sound of their voices, “I think it’s Kev and Ty?” I felt a slight shudder in my spine. Hey, can’t blame me. It was a scary night.

“You know them?”

“No. They called each other that.”

“Idiots.” He mutters and shakes his head.

With a weak smile on my face, I held my father’s huge hand. “Yes they are, but don’t worry dad, I’m fine now.”

“I know that you’re fine now, but that doesn’t mean they don’t get to pay for what they did to you. And if I don’t find them as soon as possible, they might find another victim, or the worse, they find you again. And I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to lose you.” he says, “No one gets to hurt my little girl.”

“And no one will dad.” I reassured him, “With a dad like you, I don’t think they can.” I genuinely smiled.

My father squeezes my hand lightly. “Just be careful next time, okay?”

“Okay dad.” I replied, “But can I go check up on Levi now?”

I’m just proving him that I’m not as heartless as he thought.

He looks at me for a moment and sighs. “Okay. But have some breakfast first.” He points at the tray full of food on my bedside table. “And if you need me, I’ll just be there at my office downstairs okay?” He kisses my forehead, stands up to his full 6’5’’ height, and walks away. “I’ll send in the help to assist you.” He reaches the doorknob.

“Dad,” I call him, “Thank you, but I think I can manage myself.”

For a while, he didn’t look so pleased with the idea, but he gives me a tight smile anyway. “Okay then if that’s what you want. You know I’d give you anything and everything, right? I love you dear.”

“I love you too dad.” I beamed.

I really do love my dad. Not only because he gives me anything I asked, but also because he was always there when I needed him; always been ready to offer his broad shoulders for me to cry to, always gave me reassuring smiles and hugs when I doubted myself. And even when he’s always busy with his work, he will always make sure to have some time with me. I could never ask for a better father.