Chapter 5

I’m a mess. A really hot one and it’s just so sad that this hot mess is stuck here on the passenger’s seat. Levi’s driving me home after what happened earlier and I hate that I am so much aware of the fact that he’s glancing at me every now and then.

“What?” I demand shifting in my seat. It’s so dark in here that I couldn’t possibly see anything else but Levi’s face. How great. Yup, just fantastic. 

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Levi tells me.

“I know okay, I know. I’m just ugh. I was just mad.” I say frustration lacing my voice, “and I’ve just recovered from that state so unless you want me to go all hulk-like again, please stop reminding me.”

I rolled my head and faced the window again. Rain drops are falling from the midnight sky and it’s odd. In this place where I live, rain is always hard to come by, and summer just started. That just doesn’t make sense.

The world must be sad just like me.

“You know you could’ve just let me handle it.” Levi says, “It would’ve been easier than ripping her hair out.”

Great, now I remember what happened earlier.

After Jennifer said I looked “plump”, I was ready to choke her to her grave, but then I was able to control myself when the speaker started talking.

It was at the dance when I turned into a vicious monster. I saw her all over Adam, my Adam. Her hands were like two disgusting leeches so desperate to stick on to my boyfriend’s skin.

I was fine with it, thinking that Adam knows he’s with me now, but then Jennifer sunk her lips into Adam’s and my supposedly perfect boyfriend didn’t even try to pull away.

Infuriated is not even a strong enough word to describe what I was feeling when I saw that. And I didn’t know what else to do but to launch at Jennifer and that was exactly what I did.

I launched at her with my monstrous nails, not bothering to stop and think that the party was a well-organized event for elite people to socialize. So not even with the slightest hesitation, my hands, which can be described as claws at that moment, reached for her until her fake red hair is all tangled in my hands. I didn’t even care about what Adam would think of me, about what his parents would think of me. Hell, I didn’t care about what everyone in that house would think of me. All I saw was that redheaded hoe who ruined my senses.

I was ready to peel her skin off her face when someone held me back and pulled me out the door.

After that, everything became a blur. All I know now is that I’m sat shotgun in Levi’s car with my messed up dark hair and tottered black dress. I don’t even remember where the other pair of my heels went.

“Jealousy is one hell of a badass emotion. It ruins you inside out.” Levi says bringing me out of my trance.

“Lev, can you not act like Yoda?” I complain, “This is not Starwars.”

He looks at me with furrowed brows. “Why would I act like a green wrinkled old alien who talks by himself when I can be a tan handsome young actor who knows how to give advices?” He grins slightly, “And you should really feel lucky you’re enjoying my awesome words of wisdom.

I look at him and give him the best straight look I could muster. “You know, the last thing I want right now is your words of wisdom. So stop lecturing me okay?”

“Nope,” he says, “not okay. I’m going to bombard you with advises until it sinks in your stubborn brain. And you should prepare yourself because I’m going to do this all night if I have to.”