Chapter 9

Author's Note: Hey so, I know the previous chapter is crap, and this chapter would probably be the same crap too, but I'll try my best in the succeeding chapters.

I do have a clear plot line though, and I hope I could deliver it well.

Who am I kidding? I seriously need help.

Nway, this is getting too long. So, enjoy! :D 

----

SAVANNAH'S POV

“Wake her up.”

“She’s still sleeping, man. Let her rest.”

“We need her awake Ty!”

“No, we need her alive.”

“For fuck’s sake, waking her up will not kill her.”

“Are you sure? Because this face? Is drop-dead-gorgeous.”

For the past fifteen minutes or so, all I hear are the arguments of these two guys, which voices’ I recognized almost immediately. They were the ones who attempted to kidnap me last night. And my dad was right. They’re idiots.

 They don’t know I’m not sleeping anymore. They might have let me inhale some kind of sleeping powder, but the effect didn’t last that long. So here I am pretending to be fast asleep on this hard small bed. And why am I eavesdropping? Well, I might be able to use their conversation as proof in the future.

But I doubt that for now.

“Oh come on Ty! Just wake the girl!”

“Why don’t you just go do it yourself?”

“I…”

A pause.

“I don’t want to.” The British accent replies.

“Oh right, women scares the shit out of you. You know, for a big guy, you’re such a wuss on the other gender.”

“What the hell?! I am not a wuss! I –”

“Where’s the girl?” a new voice suddenly interrupts following the sound of a closing door.

I never heard of this voice, but it’s intimidating. It speaks with so much authority, and I don’t get why. It’s not even too deep like how every other supposedly scary bad guy’s voice should sound. It’s just well, it just sounds like my dad’s. The kind of voice that sounds whole and demands attention, the only difference is that this new voice sounded younger.

“She’s there your highness, my king, my lor –”

“Shut up Ty.” The new voice cuts. His voice sounded near, so I shut my eyes extra closed. I don’t want to get caught.

“If you’re going to convince people that you’re sleeping, might as well relax your features.”

No no no no no. Heart, stop pumping too much blood, I don’t want to turn red right now.

“And try not blush.” He adds.

This is hopeless. 

I slowly peel my eyes open and I quickly cover the shock I felt. The guy was bending over to me, and his face was too close for my liking. I promptly noted what he looked like: not what I expected. I thought I’d be seeing a really huge guy with tattoos and piercings and the likes, but I’m completely wrong.

If anything, he looks harmless, but still definitely intimidating with his chiseled jaw, straight nose, and his serious face. He has mysterious written all over his face and I don’t know why, but maybe because everything about him seems so dark, as in dark hair, dark eyes, dark gaze, even how he purses his lips is frighteningly dark. His complexion is probably the only thing that isn’t dark.