Chapter 6

“Why why why why why why?” Levi bangs his head repeatedly at the steering wheel, and I can’t help but laugh a little. This is the Levi Parker that girls dream about every night, and drools at every day. I pity their ignorance.

“Lev, do you have your phone?” I ask him, “Because I probably threw it earlier at Jennifer’s face, and we have to call for help.”

“You threw your phone? Well that’s just stupid.”

“No. You’re stupid. Who doesn’t notice their car’s out of gas?”

“Stop breaking my heart.”

“Stop being so Levi”

“Stop being so Savannah.”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means exactly what it means.”

“Wha – Ugh whatever. Just text Taylor or something.”

“Yeah. Okay.”  Levi gets his iPhone out of his pocket, unlocks it, and starts tapping on the screen. “I’ll just tell her to save me because I’m stuck with a demanding heartless monster in a deserted road.”

“Demanding heartless pretty monster.” I corrected him again. “Where’s this deserted road exactly anyway?” I ask him, but he doesn’t seem to hear me.

“Lev?” I poke his arm.

But he doesn’t budge.

“Levi?” I poke his arm again. Again and again, but he’s stiffer than Jennifer’s hair.

I give up. “You know what Lev, fine. Be like that.” I faced the window and tried to convince him that I don’t want to talk to him.

Trivia about Levi: He hates silent treatment. So like what I just expected, he moved and faced me. I look at him in return, but he’s not saying anything. He’s just staring at me and it’s not the kind of stare that girls would melt for. It’s the type that would send little children running for their mommy.

Oh screw silent treatment.

“What?” I ask him hiding the discomfort in my tone.

 He ignores my question and just kept his gaze on me.

“Lev, I know I’m pretty, but you should really stop staring and start telling me where we are.”

“Sav…” he finally speaks and looks me in the eyes. “We’re not supposed to be here.” His voice is almost a whisper. And I don’t want to freak out, but the situation I am in had finally dawn upon me.

Besides that I’m not supposed to be where I am right now, I don’t really know where I am right now, and worse part is I don’t know how to go home. “Where’s here exactly Lev?” I ask him again trying to steady my voice.

He doesn’t answer. Instead, what I hear are the rattles of the leaves on the palm trees beside the road, the sound of the rain falling onto the hard cement, and the eerily quiet atmosphere in the car. I have to admit, this is kind of creepy.  And it doesn’t help that the only light that shines right now is the full blown moon up in the dark sky.

I think I felt the hairs behind my neck stand up.

 “Levi! Where are we?” I demand shaking his arm.

“We’re…” he breathes.

“We’re where Lev? WHERE?”

“We’re at…” he breathes again, as if the words he’s about to say is choking him.