Embarrased

Momo's POV

I sat on the a bench by the entrance of JYPU. Sana is still not here yet. Probably late, as usual.

I really hope my roommate will be decent.

At least it will be better than the orphanage. Anything will be better than that. I couldn't even fully extend my legs in the bed back there. The kids back at the orphanage would steal from each other, and bully others to get extra food. Never happened to me though. Everyone back at the orphanage was scared of Sana and I.

As I'm sitting, crowds of people walk by me with excitement. Probably freshman like me. Large crowds make me quite nervous. I scanned through each person. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. F—wait. I mustered up the courage to walk up to one of the girls, she was really pretty.

"Annyeong. I'm new to JYPU, and my name is Momo. Nice to meet you." I said with the best smile I could force.

She stayed silent for a few moments.

Fuck. I knew it. Why did I even bother?

"Annyeong? Did you just speak to me with informal language?" She said with a raised brow. I scoffed.

"Apologies. You look younger." I replied with a hint of annoyance. I couldn't force a smile anymore. I feel fake while doing it. A smirk formed on her face.

"I like you. Finally someone who's not a fake ass bitch. Chou Tzuyu." She said while shaking my hand. Chou Tzuyu... Damn. This girl is really straight forward. I like her. Not in that way though. She's just... not overly dramatic and basic. We can be friends.

I was interrupted when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Annyeong unnie! Sorry I'm late, I was just—" Sana froze mid sentence with widened eyes.

"Hey." Tzuyu said with a small smile. Did Sana just blush?

"Don't fall in love. It's all an illusion." I whispered into Sana's ears. I don't want my only friend to get hurt. Sana cleared her voice, and proceeded to nod. She stared into space blankly, seeming to be deep in thought.

"Well, nice to meet you Momo. And... whoever that is." Tzuyu said as she left us and started to walk towards the entrance. As soon as she left...

"Unnieeeeeeee. Baegopa..." Sana pouted. Aish... is this girl bipolar or something? I pushed her forehead with my index finger, and she immediately glared at me. There. Sana is back.

I turned my head to see a bunny looking girl taking a photo of us. This is why I hate people.

Dahyun's POV

From: Bunny 나연🐰❤️

Where are you?

To: Bunny 나연🐰❤️

I just went to Starbucks to get some breakfast and coffee.

From: Bunny 나연🐰❤️

Jinjia? Since when did you drink coffee?

Since never.

Shit.

I don't drink coffee.

To: Bunny 나연🐰❤️

I can do what I want.

From: Bunny 나연🐰❤️

Jeez. Didn't mean to offend you. Imma go talk to that hot girl.😏😉

My eyes widened as I read her text. For some reason, I felt something weird inside of me. Today's just a bad day, maybe I just didn't get enough sleep. Why in the world do I feel so angry right now?

10 minutes later...

I finally arrived at school. As I approached the entrance, I was greeted by the view of my playgirl friend, flirting with the hot girl from the bank. I coughed to get her attention.

"Yah! Kim Dahyun! What took you so long?" The bunny yelled at me. Pshhh. I'm mad at her. Wait... what? No I'm not.

"I told you. I got Starbucks." I said as I looked over to the two girls beside her. One was the hot girl from the bank, and the other friend was really cute too."

"I'm Kim Dahyun. Nice to meet you two!" I said with a wide smile.

...

No response.

This is so fucking awkward.

Crickets.

You can probably hear a pin drop on the floor.

Nayeon coughed, interrupting the silence.

"Momo." The girl from the bank said. Momo? That's a cute name... doesn't really sound Korean though.

"Sana." The other girl beside Momo said. Ok. Do they only know how to say one word or something?

I reached into my bag to get something.

"Umm... Momo right?" I asked nervously.

...

Silence yet again.

Momo examined me up and down, as if she was trying to figure something out. She definitely wasn't checking me out though, because she wasn't smiling at all. Her face was emotionless, while her stare penetrated through my soul. I started to get insecure as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah. It's Momo. I literally just told you." Momo said blankly. I gulped. This girl is so intimidating. It's ok. Dahyun, breathe. You literally get every girl. Like you said on the car, just give her the breakfast. Easy. I took a deep breath in.

"I umm... I got you breakfast." I said shyly, unable to look her in the eye.

"I already ate." She said as she dragged Sana away with her. What is her problem? Other girls would die to be in her spot. Ugh. I hate her.

I can't believe she rejected me.

That's never happened before.

And it won't.

I'll make you fall in love with me, and then I'll dump you; to return the embarrassment you just gave me.