Chapter 2:" A Familiar Name "

" DurgaPrasad Maheshwari "the familiar name starred at her from the computer screen as lavanya tried to find the person who dropped her at the Orphanage , after hours of waiting for dida to leave the room they had their chance when she went to meet someone who came for a visit and to show them the premises .

                  Even then she made sure her cousins stand outside the room to keep watch while she and Gauri decided to check the list of people who contributed to the orphanage fund over the years especially around her stay in the orphanage . One name stood out because of it's periodical inflow of cash every single month . And the name belonged to  her father uncle.

          Once she found the name ,she was too numb to react ,when she began her search she never expected that the person would be someone she knew not personally since he died before Lavanya was adopted but she had seen his pictures .

               Durgaprasad Maheshwari was her father uncle ,and she couldn't understand or come to terms with the news . She began to wonder if she was related to her dad since his uncle did mention her as a distant relative but her thoughts came to a halt when Arnav bhai rushed inside to let her know Dida was on her way .

            Lavanya quickly closed the files and walked away from the computer.  Yet her mind couldn't forget what she unearthed as they drove back to home , Gauri was dropped off first and since lavanya wanted sometime alone she asked Arnav bhai  to drive her back to his house as well .

             She hoped few hours in her cousin house will provide the clarity she needed about what she found out . After greeting her aunt and her grandparents , lavanya stayed most of the night in Kavya room until her aunt called them out for dinner .

               Lavanya greeted her uncle who had just arrived and found herself relaxing and trying to forget everything when her cousin decided to search for answers of her own .

              " Dad ,do you know Laksh uncle father " Kavya asked her father , Laksh being her father cousin . At the mention of him ,her uncle eyes drifted towards her and it was like he knew that he was the one who abandoned her at the orphanage .

               " I don't know him much Kavya, only met him a few times while I went to visit Sanskar " her uncle answered back but once the question was out ,she couldn't hold back her curiosity either .

                " He was a lawyer like my dad right , dad stayed with them after his parents death right , is he a good person " lavanya kept asking him several questions until the adults in the table looked at her in concern .

                " Why are you asking about him all of a sudden beta " Rekha aunty asked her and Lavanya had no answer to it until Kavya rushed in with an excuse making it further complicated .

                 " We went to the orphanage right and we found he was one of the people who donated for years and lavanya was wondering if it was because of him , Sanskar uncle found out about the orphanage " Kavya answer had been clever but it also gave away her curiosity to an extent .

                     "  You can ask them " Arnav bhai whispered to her when he realized they were not finding the answers.  Since she hit a dead wall in her quest, Her cousin parents felt like a safe bet not only Arjun uncle was her mother brother but also her dad best friend from childhood which meant he would know more than anyone else .

                       " Why did dad uncle drop me off at the orphanage when I was a baby " She spoke up in just a whisper but the shocked gasp around the table made it clear everyone heard her ,but what came as a surprise was the shocked gasp that came from her behind as she turned to look at her parents standing behind her stunned by what they overheard .