Chapter 8:" Breaking His Heart "

Usually her father took her on a drive whenever she was happy or sad , and the ride would end in an a beach all the time . If she had something to say to her father then she would say it awhile they walked in the beach . And sometime she never really talked through the whole ride but that didn't diminish the important of those moments. 

                 The ride ended in the beach just like she knew it would and as the father and daughter duo walked in silence she waited for him to speak up first because she couldn't find the courage to do so today .

              " What do you want to know princess ? " he asked after a moment of silence and she wondered what to ask him when there had been million questions in her mind .

              " Your uncle was the one who abandoned me in the orphanage, why ?" She asked her father first .

             " My uncle craved power . He did everything to gain it including abandoning a new born child in an orphanage princess  , Ragini and Siddharth dad Shekar Gadodia was a very powerful businessman in Kolkata .And my uncle believed marrying his children into Shekar family will give him full control of Gadodia industries

             But he saw you as a threat princess , from the moment your mom claimed she was pregnant with you . He didn't see you a innocent baby , he saw you as someone who could hold 50% of Gadodia industries . So he plotted ,manipulated and did his best to make Shekahr Gadodia believe you were not his granddaughter .

         Once they told your mom you were dead ,he abandoned you in an orphanage and tried his best to keep your grandfather from leaning you were his granddaughter and thus keeping  you away from the Gadodia industries till he died. " her father spoke up but Lavanya mind was still reeling from the shock of the said words as she learnt about her father uncle who in his greed took her away from her mom .

             " Princess say something " her father asked when she remained Silent for a long time ,she was thankful that she never met her dad uncle because she hated him at the moment and yet her mind wasnt fixated on his treachery but rather something more significant to her .

             " When did you learn about it " she asked him ,because she needed to know if her uncle actions played a role in her adoption and his answer proved her concerns true .

              " When your mom found out you were alive and I was checking on every orphanage to find you , Laksh mentioned that his father donated a large sum to your orphanage, as you know by now my uncle didn't have a charitable heart .so I asked Laksh uncle to look into it and he found evidence suggested to what I told you " he answered her question

              " Before or after you met me in the orphanage " she asked him as his answer felt really important to her .

             " Before princess. I know what my uncle did was cruel and evil towards you" her father continued speaking but her mind was frozen with the new found realization about her adoption

             " You felt guilty " she whispered making her father stare at her confused .

            " What do you mean Princess ?" her father asked little hesitantly

             " I am not your princess " she lashed back and regretted the words the moment she saw the flash of pain in his face . But she needed to speak up before her silence consumed her .

             " I am not your princess not really , you felt guilty or maybe pity towards the child who was abandoned by your uncle , you had to adopt her because she was the daughter of your wife whom you loved very much . " She spoke up as the dreams she build up about their relationship came crashing down .