Chapter 15 :"Life Goes On"

Hi guys , back with the final update  .Hope it lives up to your expectations ; it time to bid adieu to this book . It has been a wonderful journey , Thanks to everyone who been part of this journey .

3 Months Later .

               Lavanya Sanskar Maheshwari gazed at the sight before her , the familiar view of the Orphanage came into view . Last three months she had visited the orphanage often and those visits will change the life of Meera from today . She was seated beside Yash Laksh Maheshwari, her cousin who was bit nervous given it will be life altering moment for him as well .

            From the first visit with Ragini aunty, she knew Meera held her attention but unlike her adoption that happened in such a short span of time . There were several constraints when it came to Meera adoption .

            Laksh uncle met her next and Meera who became aware of the reason after the fourth visit became painfully shy during the next visit few visits  . It took her some time to let her heart open up to the possibility of being adopted .

          And Yash was allowed to meet with Meera only last month , her aunt and uncle didn't want to raise the hope in either of the kids and crush their sprits . And all the time Lavanya worried about Meera because she didnt want the girl  to be disappointed,she knew Meera would have loving family in her uncle family and hoped that it works out between them and she had been relieved when her dad told her few days ago that Laksh uncle filed the required legal papers for adopting Meera .

" Are you nervous " she asked her 8 year old cousin trying to determine his mind set . Her parents didnt have to worry about Yuv and only worried about her because she was the one who would understand the difference of being a single child to having a sibling . While her brother had a sister from the time he was born, Yash situation was different, he learnt about the possibility of sister only last month, not a baby like Yuv but a sister who is five years old.

" No Lavanya Di , but what if Meera didn't like her room , I painted it blue with dad but what if she wanted pink colour " he asked and Lavanya would have discarded his worry if not for the weight of his feeling behind those statements .

" Your sister will like her room Yash , after all didn't you spend a entire week getting it ready " Lavanya answered back which relived him of his new found fears . She had been to Yash house few times in the last few days, and knew the effort Yash put in decorating the room for Meera

Her aunt and uncle met up with Savitri dida to finalize the adoption process, While Lavanya and Yash went to help Meera pack her belongings and was shocked to find her in tears .

" Meera what happened " Yash ran towards her already being a protective brother that Lavanya waited on side to see how they would interact first.

" Ishaan is missing , Latha warden says he is hiding in the storage room and refuses to see me before I leave " the girl confessed much to Lavanya heartbreak . Ishaan and Meera were friends but Lavanya knew the little boy had tended to avoid meera whenever she visited with her aunt .

" Yash ,why don't you help your sister pack and I will go and check on her friend , I promise to bring him Meera now you please stop crying " with that statement she left the kids and went in search of Ishaan .

She didn't know how to convince Ishaan but she has to try , bidding goodbye was a painful process but without them it will be a painful reminder and Lavanya wanted Meera & Ishaan to have only pleasant memories of their friendship .

While Meera was happy to be adopted, Ishaan still didnt want to be adopted and felt like it would be betrayal to his parents, three months ago Gauri told her that her parents got back together and they decided to adopt a son, Gauri asked them to think of Ishaan ,as she believed he would be interested in being part of their family, considering the fact he would connect with her father who was a police officer . But Ishaan wasnt thrilled by the fact