Chapter 12 :" Worth the Wait "

Dedicated to everyone who decide to give this story a try.

Two weeks later .

     Lavanya Sanskar Maheshwari looked around and smiled at the newly decorated Dinning hall in the Orphanage .

        The balloons were hanged. The tables were filled with cakes and the gifts were hidden in the kitchen for the moment till it was time to distribute them .  She turned to see Arnav bhai and Gauri chatting silently , while Kavya was busy adding the final touches to the decoration .

It was been two weeks since she realized how lucky she was to have a family like hers and because of that she invited her entire family for tonight party at the orphanage .

Gauri and her cousins opted to help her with the preparations . It was almost over. The kids were getting ready and Lavanya hoped the clothes she picked up makes them happy .

She had went to great length while preparing the list. Not only did she have their size from Savitri dida ,she asked their favorite color and the type of dress they want individually while making up the list .

If she could , she would have taken them all to shopping but taking over 50 kids out was not something possible by a 16 year old. So she  decided to go with what she can , she wanted them to be happy.

When selecting the presents ,she went shopping with her family last week . It was just like old times but the familiarity after the brief heartbreak she endured made it more special .

Two years ago she tried asking them what they want for a gift for the first party , When little Ishaan wanted his dad back she realized asking them meant someone of them will be disappointed if she can't procure it , so she went with surprise gifts .

Later that night after shopping , her family were seated in the living room watching a movie together  , and when the movie ended she helped her mom clean up and after bidding Good night to her parents and brother ,she entered her room to find a gift placed on her bed .

There was no card written on it ,but she knew it was meant for her ,and she also know it was from her father as he often surprise her with gifts. She opened it up in excitement and froze when she saw the familiar mermaid doll starring up to her .

The Mermaid doll was the first  gift his father brought her and it was always a remainder that she was loved by her parents . When Yuv broke it as a child, she was heartbroken about it as a child because the doll meant so much to her .  Even though she no longer was in an age to play with dolls , she cherished the thoughtfulness behind her father gift .

She placed the doll in the shelf and took a picture of it and sent it to her father with the caption " Loved it and Love you " .

And few minutes later when no message came back , she walked to her parents room and knocked their door .

Her mother opened the door half asleep and she felt bad waking her up .

" Sorry Mom , did I wake you up " Lavanya  asked feeling little guilty .

" It okay beta ,come in " her mom spoke up and she went in and only then realized her dad wasn't inside the room .

" Where is dad?  " she asked when she found him missing .

" So you come to see your dad not me " her mom teased but Lavanya did feel bad about it .

" Well he brought me a gift and I just wanted to thank him but he isn't replying to my message ..so.." She hesitated speaking further .