Chapter 6: "Few Meters"

A week later

" Good Morning Dad " Lavanya greeted her father trying to force a hint of cheerfulness in her voice and failed miserably like the last 7 days. It had been a week since she learnt the truth and she hasnt come to terms with it yet. No matter how hard she tried she couldnt get over it soon.

" Good Morning Princess " her father voice soothed her anxiety as she leaned to kiss his cheek , when she had been young she would demand her father to lift her up so she can kiss him and when she grew a bit taller she would demand him to bend his legs so she can kiss him and now all she got to do is get on her tiptoes to reach him. She was tall but not tall as her father.

Once they went together to the kitchen, she saw the table filled with food and realized her mother was stressed because whenever she was stressed she cooked for more than the four people in the house, right now the food looks like it was made for 50 people not four. Lavanya didnt want her mom to be stressed or to miss her father smiling at her for over a wekk but she didnt know how to fix herself, she inadvertently created a emotional distance between herself and her parents . The Emotional distance between her and Father grew each day little by little and Lavanya was aware of the tension her behavior created in her family .

" Good Morning mom" She greeted her mother with a smile and hoped it allayed their fears , She was trying to go back to the ways things were before she found out, but she felt rejected and sad all the time and she cant help it or the way it changed her life in the past week, she left the house a little early and returned back an hour later than before not much of a change but still her parents must have noticed it .

Even now she wanted to leave soon , before she broke down in front of her parents as tears seemed to be her constant companion under the confines of her room . She won't let them see her tears not if she could help it . because she knew her tears would break her father and she didnt want to see him hurt because of her . The reprieve to her tears came in the form of her brother who rushed in to the dining table with happiness that the other three lacked.

Yuv, being yuv helped to keep everyone mind away from her, he talked non stop about his upcoming football match later that evening that lavanya relaxed over the course of breakfast until her brother looked at her with confusion, maybe he noticed her sadness as well. She had hoped her brother was kept in the dark

" You will come for my football match today right sis ?" her little brother asked her all of a sudden and she wondered why he would ask the question, she never missed any of his matches and she wasnt going to miss today as well .

" Ofcoure Yuv , when have I ever missed one " she answered him back which was true but he didnt elaborate on the reason for his questioning as he went back to eat with a smile. Maybe he noticed the tension in the house as well and lavanya felt the unexplainable need to leave the house soon .

Even then she managed to finish her breakfast even if it meant eating it faster than normal and then got up to leave the house, so she will not disappoint them any longer if she could help it .

" I will drop you Princess ,if you give me few minutes to get ready " her father voice called out with a slight hesitation . The hesitation she created in him and she hated herself because of it.

" It okay Dad , I will take bus , no need to rush for my sake .Love you " she spoke up as she kissed his cheek and walked away , she was glad she didn't have to lie about her heart as she Still loved her father and maybe that should be enough if only she could have a crash course on how to stop being sad .

When she entered her school , her best friend greeted her at the gate .She was just dropped off by her step father a fact that became so vital to her thoughts recently . As they both entered the class room together. She can't help but ask her best friend the questions that she has been holding back for a week .