Chapter Two

The project we were assigned is a pretty lengthy, complex project. I think me and Chloe know that we can't finish it in school alone. We'd have to meet up after school. Now I was perfectly fine with this scenario but Chloe seemed to have other ideas.

I took a deep breath and turned to Chloe and said "So do you know a place we can meet up to work on this sometime this week".

She looked at me like I had just said the dumbest thing she had ever heard.

I immediately looked down at the desk and started fiddling with my fingers.

"I actually wasn't planning on doing the project" Chloe shrugged.

Oh fuck no. She was hot and all and I have the biggest crush on her but hell no. I wasn't about to get a zero because she had a attitude. This might be the end of me but I had to say it.

"Yeah no.", I tried to say sounding as tough as possible.

She looked at me like I'd just grown another head.

"You are. I didn't ask to be your partner and I know you didn't ask to be mine but I kinda wanna pass". I winced and prepared for her to slap me.

"Whatever, where the fuck do you wanna go. Just because I agreed to this does not mean by any means that i'm gonna try or give any input".

Whatever. I'd have to work on her.

"We can go my place." My parents wouldn't be home till late so this seemed like the best idea.

"You think everybody just knows where you live or something?? I don't have a fucking car how do you except for me to get there? Everybody isn't living lavish like you are", She said turning away from me.

Damn are you mad?

"Forget it. Just the give me the directions and i'll walk" , she spat.

I entered the address into her phone and she left. It didn't look like she was planning on coming back either.

The period was about to be over anyways. I had to ask my bestfriend Dana about this. She knew about my crush on Chloe before I knew about it. The way I started stumbling over my words when she was passing by. The way I started dressing different because I was trying to catch her attention.

I saw her in the hallway and waved her over.

"Hey what's up?", she seemed concerned. "I-uh talked to chloe today and um- Dana she fucking hates me. I'm gonna end up so hurt because i've tried to lose feelings for her so many times."

Dana looked so sad. I know she was being sympathetic but it wasn't really helping. I just told her to forget about it and ran to next period. I know I overreacted but my feelings are all over the place right now.
The rest of the day was a blur. Sitting at the lunch table and everyone asking me what's wrong and I just said nothing. Dana kept shooting me sad looks but once again, not really helping. Before I knew it the time had come to go home and wait for Chloe.