Chapter Twenty-Four

Chloe's POV

The day I'd been dreading was finally upon me, the day I had to go back to school. Only thing was today, I had to deal with the spotlight being on me and Rachel. She loved PDA, she wanted to be able to show people that she was mine so they wouldn't flirt with me, and while it's cute how possessive she is, I'm not the biggest fan of PDA.

I felt like it made me vulnerable, but that was really the least of my worries. As Rachel drive us to school, I was running out of ways to get out of this. I had insisted I walk to school, (which meant I was going to secretly drive my truck and then walk to school from where I usually park it) but Rachel insisted we present a "united front" whatever the hell that meant. As you can see, I lost.

Everyone was going to want a explanation, I'd have to deal with all the looks from the jocks mad I got her first, and all the questions on how "it feels". I was literally contemplating how I was going to get out of this, and I guess I let it show because Rachel said something after a bit.

"You look like you're going to die."

That didn't sound so bad right now.

I simply rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the window, attempting to count how many white cars I saw. I didn't really want to tell Rachel that I wasn't jumping at the fact of the whole school knowing we were together. She wouldn't get it.

"Seriously, What's going on?" She said as she merged into the left lane meaning we were approaching school faster than I had time to notice.

"Drop it."

"How about no." She said taking her eyes off the road to look at me, probably because of my tone.

"Woah, keep your eyes on the road or we might really die." I said pointing straight ahead very dramatically causing her to chuckle which triggered a smirk in me.

She had this affinity for plaid clothing. Plaid struck me as the official color for boring people but she somehow managed to pull it off. I don't think anyone else could do it like she did.

"Stop looking at me like that." She said her cheeks turning a deep red as she glanced at me and then quickly back at the road.

I simply smirked and moved my hand to her thigh, "Looking at you like what?"

"Like that"

"I don't know what you mean." I said playfully as I inched my hand closer to her core knowing it was driving her crazy.

"I'm trying to drive." She said getting flustered, her cheeks growing a even deeper shade of red.

I decided that was enough, for now, and retracted my hand so she could drive. Looking up just as she turned into Blackwell, I immediately wishing I'd made her crash the damn car.

We were a bit late, and I could see Rachel's friends waiting on her by the entrance. Seriously, did their lives revolve around her?

As we pulled into the parking lot, one of them pointed in our direction and started to walk over to the car as we parked. Rachel had tinted windows and they didn't see me as they came closer and closer to the car.

It's now or never.

Rachel got out of the car and was greeted by her friends. I recognized one of them as the jock from the other day who pulled Rachel into the hallway the other day and immediately tightened up. I may not have liked the idea of everyone knowing about us, but now I could make sure none of these limp dick jocks tried to make a move on her. Atleast not while I could stop it.

I shifted over to give myself a once over in the rear view mirror before nodding at my appearance, taking a deep breath and getting out out of the car.