Chapter Sixteen

Chloe's POV

I'd managed to make it through half the day so far, not really giving a effort in any of my classes. Like I said, history doesn't exactly prepare me to be a car mechanic.

I'd ignored Rachel's text asking if we were still on for today. It annoyed me when people did that. If I didn't cancel our plans, then why would you ask if we're "still on today"? Why would we not be. So aggy.

I had noticed though, various jocks getting a little too close to Rachel throughout the day. They all liked her, I could tell and I couldn't blame them. She was Rachel Amber.

I didn't really like to share what was mine, and I didn't really appreciate what I saw. I thought about talking to her about it but technically, she wasn't mine. We weren't in a relationship, I knew she would use that as leverage to get me into a relationship with her so I decided against it.

Still, It annoyed me.

At lunch Steph caught my gaze and traced it over to where some jock from the Vortex Club had slung his arm around Rachel.

"Jealous are we?" Steph chuckled causing me to shift my gaze over to her for a second.

"Hardly." I lied turning my eyes back to where Rachel was.

"Please, you look like you want to annihilate him."

"Isn't he dating Dana anyways?" I said furrowing my eyes in confusion. 

"That would be Trevor, the guy actually making out with Dana." Steph said pointing a french fry at them, swallowing each other's faces. I wasn't really one for PDA. It's unnecessary.

"Oh, makes sense." I said at the realization, "Still, does she have to be so close to him?" I said scratching the back of my head.

"You're so jealous." Steph laughed, "Never thought it would happen."

Jealous.

"That's new." Steph said nodding toward where
the jock began to lead Rachel out into the hallway. Alone. Just the two of them.

"Oh hell no." I said through gritted teeth, standing up to follow them.

I walked a little faster ignoring Steph's calls of warning.

Before I turned the corner, I took a deep breath and composed myself as if I didn't know they were there.

I turned the corner and both their gazes turned towards me, I slapped a look of confusion mixed with surprise on my face, "Whoops, I didn't know you guys were out here. I was on my way to the restroom, but since I'm here, Rachel? A word?"

"We were kind of in the middle of something." The boy said bluntly.

"Oh really? Look I don't know your name, but you look like a Jason, so I'm gonna call you Jason. It won't take that long, I need to ask her a question about our project." I said stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"It's David." He said simply annoyed.

"Whatever Dan. Can I just speak to her? I'm sure you guys wanna get back to whatever the fuck you were doing." I said directing my sentence at Rachel looking her in the eyes.

"Whatever loser." He said turning his attention back to Rachel, "I see you when you're done." He said moving her hair behind her ear and winking at her, making my blood boil.

"I'm standing right here." I deadpanned and he looked at me as if he'd literally forgotten I was there and walked back into the cafeteria, winking at her one last time making me roll my eyes.