Chapter Twenty-Two

Chloe's POV

Me and Rachel were currently sitting at her dinner table like business associates. I'd technically just asked her out, and she technically said yes, but it was still awkward between us.

She said we needed to talk and invited me in, you can imagine my excitement. Trust me I tried to get out of it but, as you can see it didn't really work in my favor. She had a way of getting what she wanted.

Fast forward, I'm sitting at her dinner table awkwardly with a glass of water in front of me I didn't intend to drink anytime soon. I hated water. We hadn't said anything since we'd sat down, I don't even think she knew what she wanted to talk about.

I just wanted things to go back to the way they were but I knew they couldn't. I couldn't just go kiss her like I wanted too. I needed to explain myself, my sudden change in heart, plus it didn't look like she was completely over what I'd said in the hallway.

Still I had ADHD and sitting here drumming my fingers on the table for twenty minutes wasn't satisfying my need to move around. My need to be doing something.

I cleared my throat and raised a eyebrow at her.

"I thought it would be easier than this." She mumbled with a defeated look on her face. A look she had been wearing a lot lately.

I simply facepalmed and groaned into my hand.

"Is something wrong?" She said looking at me as if I didn't have the right to do that. Like I'd lost my privilege to have emotion.

"I'm bored as hell." I said slapping my hands on my legs. Hey, I was bored as hell. We weren't making any headway sitting here at the dinner table having a staring contest.

"Well I'm so fucking sorry you're bored." Rachel spat avoiding my gaze.

"Did you invite me in here just to argue with me?" I questioned suddenly not seeing the point of this.

"You're the one that asked me to be your girlfriend!"

"You said yes!"

We both let out a breath and stared at eachother knowing we were getting nowhere.

I finally broke out of the staring contest and put my head in my arms on the table and let out another very audible groan.

"We need to talk about what you said." Rachel said after what felt like years.

"That's not what I'm in here for and you know it," I said springing up from my chair and putting my hands on the table, "You seemed perfectly fine with what I said, We're here because you aren't over what I said in the hallway, when I said I wished I never fucked you!"

My last sentence made her wince a little bit but she quickly recovered regaining her composure quickly.

"That's not what is is about." She said obviously in denial, standing up so she wouldn't feel like I was hovering over her.

"Isn't it though?!" I said stupidly thinking if I took a more abrasive approach she would admit she wasn't over it and this would all go away.

She cowered back a bit and looked at me almost scared, "Please stop yelling at me."

Shit. I forgot she had this thing with yelling.

"Shit. I forgot. I'm so sorry." I whispered rushing over to her and pulling her into me. I felt her little hands on my back as she hugged me tightly, like the world was imploding around her.

I pulled away from the hug and looked her in the eyes, "I swear I didn't mean what I said in the hallway."

"Out of all the things you could have said, you said that. It was oddly specific so it made me think it had been on your mind for a while and that fit of rage brought it out." She admitted looking down at the floor.