Chapter Twenty-One

Chloe's POV

I'd walked to Rachel's house to clear my mind before I actually had to talk to her.

Now I'd been standing in front of her house making sure I was out of sight of that pesky motion detector camera or whatever the fuck.

I don't know how long I'd been standing there but I had been long enough for me to see her mother leave. I literally dove into the bushes when she walked out and didn't dare come out until she was atleast 15 minutes away.

She was on the phone and talked about leaving Rachel alone tonight because she "needed it".

The sun had started to go down and I decided I should probably put a move on things.

I walked up to her door, almost forgetting how to walk. I took in a ragged breath and raised my hand to knock. At this point the camera had seen me and there was no turning back.

You can do this.

I knocked at her door three times, all equally spaced apart before she opened the door. She had a towel wrapped around her head suggesting she had just gotten out of the shower. She looked like she'd been crying. I glanced down and saw she was in a big T-shirt with slides on. Judging by the fact she'd put on clothes, I'd put her shower atleast 7-10 minutes ago.

"You look clean." I said not even trying to hide the look on my face. I mentally slapped myself for being a dumbass and tripping over my words.

"Did you come all the way out here to tell me that?" She said not even trying to mask her sarcasm or her hurt, her anger. I'd fucked up. I could hear it in that one sentence. I'd hurt her so badly.

"Can I talk to you?" I said trying to change the subject.

"We don't have anything to talk about." She spat letting her anger fly out with every word.

"Look, I know you're mad at me. I know I fucked up. I just want a chance to explain. Please." I pleaded. I never pleaded with people, but I really wanted her back in my life. I wanted to feel her lips now more than ever.

She looked as if she was trying to decide what to do, trying to tell if I was being genuine.

"Just get to the point. Say what you need to say and get the hell of my porch." She said coming forward closing the door being her. I winced at her sentence, trying to remember she was just mad.

"I regret everything I said earlier, none of it was true. I don't regret having sex with you. I was just so angry and I felt like after all I'd given you, It was all for nothing. I had, have these feelings and I've never had to deal with before and It was new. I didn't know what was going on with me, y'know. I had some other shit to deal with and now I feel like a whole new person. Like nothing can hold me back anymore. I was a idiot and let my anger get the best of me earlier. I really didn't mean any of it. I swear." I huffed out of breath. I'd just poured my heart out to her. If she rejected me now, I might lose my damn mind.

We stood there in silence for what felt like years. I looked up in the sky, It was steadily getting darker and I suddenly felt like I was running out of time.

"You fucking hurt me." She simply said looking me in the eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Was all I could say.

She simply gave me a look as if to say "that's all?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not good with this type of stuff." I shrugged stuffing my hands into my pockets, suddenly feeling cold.

It went back to that awkward silence. It was as if the universe was telling me this was a bad idea.

"Did you mean what you said?" I said breaking the silence, "Are you in love with me?"

Her whole body stiffened at my question, but I needed to know.

"Yes." Was all she said and her gaze fell to the floor.

"Look Rachel, I came here to tell you that I know what I want now. I want you and whatever comes with that. I'm sure of that now." I said preparing myself for the next sentence.

"I'd accept you"

"I came here to ask you to be my girlfriend." I said my voice not raising a whisper as I watched Rachel's eyes go wide.

"Seriously?" She said taking a step towards me, "What happened to you? Is this a trick?"

"I love the way you fiddle with your fingers when you're nervous. I love the way I feel when I'm around you. Your laugh makes me laugh. I find myself just wanting to make you smile. I want you to be mine. I want to fall in love with you. I could go on and on for days but I won't." I said truthfully, "So I ask you again, Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and she rushed into my arms and squeezed me so hard I thought I might burst. I felt little drops of rain start to fall on us but we didn't care. We stood there wrapped in
each other's arms, getting soaking wet from the rain.

"Is that a yes?" I chucked as Rachel squeezed me some more.

"It's more than a yes." She mumbled into my sweatshirt, making me smile wider than I thought I ever could.

I had a girlfriend.

And now I knew for sure my Dad would be proud.

He would be proud.

Rachel looked up at me, her face was wet from the rain that was increasingly falling harder around us.

And we kissed in the rain. What a Cliché.