Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"What do you mean you haven't been kissed yet?" Jasper asked, a shocked expression on his face.

I squirmed uncomfortably. Before I could reply, Liam cut in.

"Like you've had much of a love life Jasper."

Now Jasper looked uncomfortable. "There's no need to bring that up..."

"Oh yes, there is." Scarlett smiled nastily. "You had two girlfriends before right? And both were complete disasters."

"How?" I asked, intrigued.

"Well, the first one realized she wanted something else while dating him." Liam started.

"You mean she....?"

"No, no. She decided she wanted to live alone for the rest of her life with her pets for company."

"Ouch."

Jasper was burying his face into a pillow now. "That's not even the worst part." he said, his voice sounding muffled.

"The second one... liked him a bit too much."

"What's wrong with that?"

"It got a bit creepy later. She wrote his name all over her hands, followed him around everywhere and was even planning their wedding. The reason Jasper was with her so long was because he was actually scared to break up with her. There was quite a bit of drama when he finally got the courage to do so."

"Courage, my ass." Zach put in. "He was hiding behind me the whole time."

I laughed.

"It's really not that funny."

Everyone joined in then.

"Well, at least mine isn't a complete mystery. Like our boy Liam's." Jasper said, obviously not wanting to be in the spotlight.

"Hmm?"

"He never talks about his love life. Or lack of one, I suspect."

"I just prefer my privacy. I don think I need to scream about the people I'm dating from the rooftops. I'm sure the other person would feel the same too." he shrugged.

"What's the point of NOT screaming about your love from the rooftops?"

"You guys act like complete opposites. It's a wonder you're friends." I commented.

"Oh no, he's the Goose to my Maverick." Jasper grinned.

"The Apollo to my Rocky." Liam continued.

"The Robin to my Batman."

"I get it! Please, no more movie references."

"You're lucky they didn't start singing a song describing their friendship." Scarlett was grinning. "Believe me, they could've, if they felt like it."

"What happened to the game?" I scowled.

She took the bottle and spun. This time it was my turn to ask a question. To Liam. I thought about it and then asked "So... are you with someone now?"

"No." he replied honestly. "I can wait."

After that, I just spent my time watching them pull his leg saying that the girl he was waiting for was probably running to another state right now thinking that he must be a stalker. Scarlett was strangely quiet, and for some reason it made me feel uneasy. I watched her play with her hair, tear paper into tiny bits and even draw on her hand. But she didn't didn't talk unless someone asked her a question. She smiled warily at me when she saw my obvious stare. I smiled back and looked away.