Chapter 6

Ten years later

Nik

I get out of bed and look at my latest fling. I turn away from him and put the coffee maker to work.
I was on a business trip to France and this was the guy I hooked up with whenever I'm in France.
I turn when I hear sheets ruffling
He stretches in the bed and starts towards me

"Come back to bed" he cajoles laying his hand on my shoulder
I scowl and shake it off

"Are you thinking about him again? Dude, he isn't worth it, he's not on your level, he's just some animal loving hippie" he whines

"Get out!" I yell at him
He turns scrambling for his clothes

"Why what have I done? You guys have been separated for a whole ten years?" He says

"You will get your parting gift,now leave" I tell him

Nobody has a right to talk about him! Ever! He lives his life and that's how he likes it. He's just a naive, innocent animal loving person who smiles a lot and loves food.
I remember when paparazzi tried to invade his home this one time. After the hefty fine and court course, those tabloid people know better than to go near his home.

Come to think of it, I think its high time I paid him a visit. I last saw him at his graduation from Veterinary college about four years ago.
Even then, we barely spoke two words to each other.
I was always there for the big things or family affairs that we both couldn't dodge.
Every year, I sent him gifts on his birthday but I think this year I'll surprise him by appearing. His birthday is tomorrow. Its about time I settled down.

So I get my assistant to call the pilot. The Starlinky corporation had grown that much. After working hard day and night, I managed to pay back all the money Harold(Max's grandfather) put into our company and the grew the company to the level it was now.

After clearing a few things, I head to the hangar to board the jet. This was going to be a long flight.

The next day

Nik

I can't believe I'm finally here as I look out the window to The Silver Phoenix.
I see cars parked in the parking yard?

Was there always a parking yard?

I frown as the car dwindles down the drive way. There is a very colorful sign post declaring it as the silver Phoenix with a little puppy logo on it.

As I come out of the car and head to the main door, I'm still taking in everything I've seen so far!
He had turned the place into a Vet clinic and animal shelter. He had expanded the place to create more space for the clinic.

How did I not know about this?
Its amazing and people keep coming and going. It must be a very busy place.

I enter the reception area and its very warm and welcoming. There are open walls made of glass, different charts with animals, a reception area and doors leading to other rooms.

I go the reception area and a young looking woman welcomes me,

"Welcome sir" she says brightly

"Thank you, I'm looking for doctor Starlinksy" I tell her

"Doctor who?" She asks puzzled

"Maximilian Starlinksy" I tell her.
Shouldn't that be obvious?

"I'm sorry,we don't have a doctor Starlinksy but we have a doctor Maximilian Demakide" she explains

Max was using his family name! Seems there is alot I don't know about Max!

"Ah...here he is, he's back from lunch" she says

I turn around and almost collapse to the floor from the shock.

Is that Max? But how? How is that max?
He is....he's very fit and you can even see the muscles and abs he's packing in that tight fighting shirt and black jeans! And since when is his hair Chestnut,full and all wavy! Max has hazel eyes?

I can't get over the shock! The last time I saw Max, he was chubby!
He was laughing and....flirting with a certain doctor? I see his flushed face and I'm lost for words! This wasn't what I was expecting!

I snap out of it as he comes towards the receptionist after saying goodbye to the other doctor.

"Zoe, any information for me" he asks
Was his voice always that deep and sexy?

"I've sent them to your office and this gentleman is looking for you" Zoe tells her

He doesn't even glance at me.

"Who are you?" He asks

Did he just ask me who I am? Did he?
I turn and look at him open mouthed.

"What the hell? Its me, Max" I say spreading my arms out

"Well me, do you have a name?  " he asks

"This isn't happening!" I say incredulously shaking my head

"Look, I'm a very busy person, if you have nothing to say, I'm going to leave" he says

"Max! Its me Nik" I say

"Doctor, do you know this man? Zoe asks looking back and forth between us

"Of course not, never seen him before" he says

"Max! I can't believe you!" I say

"What do you want Sir?" He asks

Sighing with nothing left to do, I just tell him

"I need to speak to you" I say

"Well, I'm so sorry for now, if you don't mind waiting, I have an appointment right now" he says and goes to his office.

I stare at his back unbelievably and fall back down on a seat.

Two hours later

Two whole hours! I'm still here waiting for him to even give me the time of the day!

"Excuse me sir, the doctor will see you now" Zoe the receptionist says

I get up and stretch after all that sitting.
I knock on his office door and I hear him say,

"Come in"

Whew! Max huh?
Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter.