Chapter 29

Max

My head is throbbing! Where the hell am I? I think as I blink my eyes open and stare around the room.
I think I'm in sort of luxury room hooked up to an IV!. Wait, where is Nik?
I drag myself up and look around around but I can't see him anywhere!

"He's awake" I hear a lady say as she comes to check my vitals. Its the nurse. I look around once more to see who she is talking to and my eyes open in shock.

"Grandfather?" I say

"How are you Max? Shocked to see me?" He says..
He is dressed impeccably in a suit as always.

"Ah yes" I mumble at a loss of what to say. I mean its been a while since he and I actually sat and talked or had a conversation. I mean he's my only family left with my nanny. I wished the situation was different but here we are!

"Well you had an accident and hit your head, you have a mild concussion" he says looking me straight in the eye. That look always got to me. Its like he was compelling my soul to talk!

"How did you know and where is Nik? I don't think he'd not be here for me, he should be here" I say

"I know everything you're up to Maximilian and Nik is not worth the dime if he can't take good care of you! I expected better from him! How can he be so careless to let get a concussion! He says very angrily

" Wait, what's Nik's fault in this? He didn't send me to the rump,it was an accident. Does he know I'm here?" I gasp

"Of course not! Maybe he shouldn't even know, see how well he is taking care of you" Grandfather says sarcastically

"How can you say that grandfather? Nik must be going crazy out of his mind looking for me! How long have I been here?" I say frantically looking for my phone but my battery is down. I throw off the blanket to get up but grandfather puts his hand out to stop me.

"I don't think you should get up just yet. You are not fine" he adds

"But you're keeping me away from Nik! Where am I even? I won't stay! I'll run away! I say trying to get up but I'm overcome by dizziness and I feel really weak and I fall back on the bed.

"Fine! I'll get lover boy for you, he's been trying to get in contact with me, what do you even see in him?" He sighs calling someone

"How can you of all people say that? You chose him for me, why by the way?" I ask

"Focus on recovery, a concussion isn't a joke" he says

"Woow, you flew all the way all out to see me and kidnapped me from Nik

"No way, I was just around this side for business" he says

"Too bad" I say feeling sleepy. It must be pain killers making me feel like this.
"Wake me up when Nik comes.

Hours later

I blink my eyes open and feel a head on my laps. I stretch my hand out and caress his hair,running my fingers through it. Of course its Nik and he's deep asleep. He's sitting on the chair by my bed and I just can't help but look at him. He's frowning even in his sleep. He looks exhausted!

Feeling thirsty,I turn to my bedside table and get a glass of water. After taking a sip, I turn back to Nik and I see him looking at me, eyes wide open.
We just stare at each other for a minute lost for words. I'm overcome with emotions pouring out of me and all I can do is blink back tears. Its just hitting me how close I came to loosing my life and I would never get the chance to say anything. I wouldn't have had the chance to say goodbye to Nik.

I notice that Nik is also tearing up just looking at me and taking in deep breaths.

"Please don't ever do this to me again...please..." He says and puts his head my lap wrapping his arms tight around my waist.
Tears just spill down my cheeks and I can't control the choked sobs suddenly coming out of nowhere.

"I'm so sorry...sorry" I manage to say in between sobs.
Nik lifts his head up and I notice his eyes are red from ruthlessly holding back his overwhelming emotions.

"I thought I lost you..." He says as a lone tear runs down his cheek. His voice is hoarse and I can tell how scared, nervous and lost he was feeling.

I frame my hands around his face and  put my lips gently and kiss his forehead as I wipe away the tear.

"I'm here now..." I say to him

"I can't deal with loosing you Max, you mean so  much to me right now, I have so many overwhelming feelings for you. And I should take better care of you. I shouldn't have let you go on that rump. Now look at you with a concussion!" He says pulling me to him and hugging me.

"Nik, its not your fault, it was an accident" I say hugging him back, "I'm so glad you're here now, I missed you" I say

"I missed you too, the whole family is here, they will be here in a while" he says

"Everyone? Even mom?" I ask happily

"Yes, she's been so worried and Ventura has been crying since" he says

"I can't wait to see them" I say and lean in to kiss him a short sweet kiss but when I try to move away, he holds me in place and kisses me with all the longing and Passion. When he pulls away, I hide my face in his chest holding onto him.

"Ahem!" Grandfather clears his voice and we all turn to him. Nik is suddenly looking all defensive and he stands up to face grandfather.

Oh no! These two!..... I think

Don't forget to vote and comment...