Chapter 10

I could hear the sound of fabric falling to the floor. This made me even more tense. The woman I love, was nude just a few feet behind me. I wanted to go to her and thrust myself upon her, but that was her decision. Plus she's been drinking and I would have no clue what to do. She giggled at me. Sweat beaded on my forehead.

"Are you alright my love? You seem a little nervous.

I'm fine darling."

I lied. I was violently shaking. Sweat was pouring. My heart thudded in my chest a million beats a second. I could hardly breath. Suddenly her arms were around me. A chill went down my spine, she softly blew into my ear.

"Turn around my love."

She whispered. I obeyed and slowly I turned to her. There she was in her robe. Almost completely exposed. Her breasts were just there! I wanted so badly to reach out and touch her. To slowly run my fingertips down every inch of her body. I didn't. I didn't want it to happen this way.

"Christine what are you-"

She pressed her index finger to my lips. I furrowed my brow, she couldn't see this in the darkness.

"Erik."

She half whispered, half moaned and moved closer to me. Her lips brushed against my jaw. It took every ounce of self control I had to for me to not pick her up, throw her on the bed and take all my clothes off. Her fingertips grazed my mask. She kept kissing my neck and melted into me. A low moan escaped my mouth. I couldn't help it. Her lips were so soft. "No, not this way. Erik, you are not that kind of man." I told myself and she started to reach for the buttons on my shirt. I took her wrists in my hands I pushed them away from me, towards her. She looked confused.

"Christine, no. Not tonight. Not like this. You-you've been drinking."

My voice shook, I was trying to get my breathing back to normal.

"Believe me I dear, I want to. Oh, you do not know how long I've wanted to. But not like this. Not when you wreak of alcohol love. Come, get your night dress on. I'll leave you to do that and come back to sing you to sleep."

There was a sad smile on my face. She looked away and fell to the ground, she had started to cry. I got down on my knees with her.

"Christine, what's wrong!? Are you alright? Is it my fault? Oh Christine!"

What had I done, oh God what had I done!? I held her in my arms and kissed her hair. It had seem that I am only able to make her cry. She put her face into my chest, still crying and I held her tight.

"No Erik, it was me! I was stupid, that was so stupid I'm sorry Erik..."

She sobbed and I pet her hair.

"No, no Christine. It's a natural human craving. You've done nothing wrong! Just not tonight my love, okay? Come lets find your night dress."

I helped her from the floor. Once we were up I took her face in my hands and with my thumbs I wiped her tears. We walked to her bed, where her bag sat. I pulled her night dress from it, and handed it to her. After I did this I swiftly went to the doorway so she could change. I turned to the sound of her bag being placed on the floor. She was dressed and ready to sleep. I glided towards her and watched as she climbed in bed. When she was comfortable I sat on the edge of the bed. I was still nervous about what either of us may try to do. She closed her eyes and I took her hand in my hands, wrapping it protectively in both of mine. I sang a haunting melody I had once heard while out running errands. She soon drifted to sleep. I didn't leave until I finished the song. There was a little smirk on her face as she slept. I kissed her forehead and drifted towards the door, turning towards her to make sure she was still asleep before I left.