001

"MOM!" Peter gasps as his mother drops the largest logs in the forest, the three are training their strength. "We are not that strong."

"You weight life with Emmett, right?" Melissa asks.

"Yes." Annabelle replies from beside her brother.

"Emmett is the strongest in the coven." Melissa informs her teenaged kids. "You are indeed strong enough. Start small, if you want."

"Oh, no you don't." Emmett booms as he flashes into the clearing. "Go big or go home, guys. Don't listen to her. She's a..."

Melissa flashes and flips Emmett, slamming him to the clearing ground with her hand around his throat. "What was that, Em?"

Emmett throws her off and she lands on a three. "You're a wimp."

Melissa flashes over and kicks him to the house. Her kids stare in awe at their amazing mom, and listen to her. They go small first, then go bigger. Emmett comes back, rubbing the back of his head with a playful glare on his face.

"Guys!" Alice chirps as she appears in a vampiric flash. "Come, Jacob wants everyone here. Carlisle is on his way."

Emmett is gone in a flash. Melissa, Peter, and Annabelle head towards the house in human speed. Peter already knows what's going down. He's buddies with Jacob and he is reading his mind, even worse as they get closer. Jacob's nerves are unsettling Melissa as they make it inside. Carlisle is sitting on the sofa, Melissa sits beside him. He takes her hand and smiles, but frown when she pulls it away.

"Alright, everyone's here." Jacob says before taking Nessie's hands. "I love you with all of my heart, Renesme Carlie Cullen. You are everything to me, and more." Jacob grabs a small box from his back pocket and he gets down on one knee. "What I'm trying to ask is.... Will you marry me, Nessie?"

Tears prick in the corners of Melissa's eyes at the sweetness.

"Yes!" Nessie screams. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Jacob smiles before he puts the ring on her, and he swings her around in a hug. Edward is both happy and annoyed. Bella's excited for her little girl. Melissa goes over and hugs Jacob.

"Welcome to the family, Jacob." Melissa smiles. "I have to go. I'm going to La Push."

"Us too!" Annabelle chants/

"Yes." Melissa says with her bell like laugh. "You guys, too."

Annabelle and Peter race out to Melissa's pimped out jeep, Emmett's doing. Melissa flashes out in her hybrid speed, and gets in the jeep. Last year, she had imprinted on Jared after Kim dumped him for someone else. She is still good friends with Mel. She knows about the imprint, and is thrilled for the both of them.

#ThatPOWER by Will.i.Am and Justin Bieber plays as Annabelle hooks her iPod up, and Peter hoots in happiness. The three Whitlock family members literally listen to the same things. By the time they reach La Push, they're all singing and Peter is dancing.

"BABY!" Seth exclaims when Annabelle gets out of the jeep, and the two hug.

Leah rolls her eyes and hugs Peter. He kisses the top of her head as Jared steps out onto the porch. He is still beta, Sam's still alpha, and Paul's still omega. It won't be long until Sam steps down and makes Jared alpha, Paul beta, and Embry the omega. Annabelle and Seth head inside with Peter and Leah, Jared walks over to Melissa.

"Hey, Mel." Jared greets as he kisses her forehead. "You made it."

"Said I would." Melissa replies. "Plus, Peter and Annabelle wanted to see Leah and Seth."

"You didn't wanna see your imprint?" Jared teases as the two walk inside, Sam greets them with a head nod as he talks to his and Emily's two year old daughter, Melanie.

"Ooh, mom's happy." Peter teases.

"Peter Jasper Whitlock, leave my emotions alone." Melissa scolds playfully.

"Please, like I wanna feel them." Peter laughs at this. "Trust me, mom, I feel them all."

Jared laughs loudly at this. "Oh, god!"

"J, you ok?" Annabelle asks teasingly. "He just feels mom when she's horny too."

Jared is clinching onto his stomach from laughing so hard when Paul and his fiancée, Rachel Black, walk in. The mood suddenly becomes tense as Peter and Annabelle glare at Rachel.

"Hey, dad," The two greet together, ignoring Rachel.

"Hey, guys, Mel." Paul greets back as he sits. "Sam, when does Jared get alpha?"

"The stepping down ceremony is tomorrow." Sam replies. "He steps up, you and Call get your new roles. I'm becoming an elder now."

Melissa hugs Sam, and he hugs back just as tight. The two have become to be close. Good friends, whereas Emmett and Mel are best friends. Sam inhales deeply and he pulls away, smiling.

"Plus, we have four new pack members." Sam chuckles. "Peter, Annabelle, Collin, and Brady."

"Five, including Mel." Paul adds before Rachel pouts.

Peter rolls his eyes. "Rachel, the pout on you is unattractive."

"Peter!" Leah scolds, but she laughs anyway.

Mel smirks at the encounter and sits by Jared. "You'll be alpha after tomorrow. How does it feel?"

"Nerve-racking and exciting." Jared replies honestly.

"You'll do fine." Paul assures him. "Stop worrying."

"I won't be as good as Sam." Jared complains.

"Jared, son, no alpha is the same." Sam informs him. "Believe me. Hell, you might even be better than me as alpha."

Jared rests his hand on Mel's bare leg, and he sighs. "Shew, tomorrow's going to be a long day."

"Is the treaty void?" Annabelle asks.

"It became void when Bella was changed and Jake imprinted." Jared replies.

"Are you going to reinstate it?" Peter asks from his spot with Leah.

"Nope." Jared replies. "It's been going good so far, and the elders agree."

Jacob walks in when he says that. "The wedding is in two weeks. Pixie vamp is planning it."

"Alice." Mel corrects him. "Her name is Alice."
-***

Annabelle and Peter leave with the Clearwater siblings, and Mel goes home with Jared. he has his own house now, near the boarder of Forks and La Push. The Welcome to Forks sign is right beside the two story home. It has three bedrooms and two baths in it.

Melissa cooks up some tacos as Jared showers. He claims he will shower again the next day before the ceremony. Jared and Melissa aren't together yet, but they're working on it. They have agreed to see how he does as alpha first. If he likes it and holds, he will have a steady relationship with Melissa. He loves her, she loves him. They both declare each other worth the wait.

After eating and some unprotected sex, Jared and Melissa lay together in his bed together. Both are panting pretty heavily as they fall asleep, wore out.