004

A couple days later.
**********************

Mel and Jared walk through the clearing, she feels as if she breath better again now that her vampire is gone. She isn't in anymore pain, her venom and blood aren't fighting inside her veins again. She doesn't have to hide it. And.... She's pregnant with a wolf baby. Carlisle did another test, telling her this baby wont be a hybrid.

Jared stops in the middle of the clearing, the clearing where the practiced to battle against the newborn army. "I don't just wanna be your boyfriend. I wanna be your husband." Jared says before getting down. "Melissa Marie Whitlock, will you marry me?"

Melissa smiles tearfully and she nods. "Ooh, I have some news, too."

Jared stands after putting the ring on Mel's finger. "What news?"

She touches her stomach. "I'm pregnant. It's a wolf."

Jared grins from ear to ear before he hugs Mel.

-------------------------------------------------------

Peter sits on the Clearwater couch, looking at a picture of Harry and Sue. Leah is in the bathroom, showering. Her boyfriend has an interview at the bowling center in Port Angeles. He is wanting to help support his baby sibling when it's born. Leah fully supports his decision.

"Leah, after my interview, wanna run as wolves for a while?" Peter asks. "I miss being in my wolf form."

"Yeah, I kind of miss it too." Leah admits as she kisses him. "Come on, mom's driving."

Leah and Peter hear the car horn honk, and they run out to meet Sue.

***

Annabelle takes the muffins out of the oven as Emily gives Melonie some cooled mashed potatoes. Annabelle spends her free time in La Push with either Emily or Seth. She is either at the diner, or here. Jared and Mel's is the pack hangout, but Annabelle likes it at Sam and Emily's place.

"Mel's pregnant again, huh?" Emily smiles. "I had a normal pregnancy. But she's a wolf."

"Hers will last a few months, like a k9." Annabelle says as she dumps the steaming muffins into a wooden basket. "I'm excited."

"We're here, and we come bearing news!" Jared announces, and everyone enters. "We're getting married!"

Annabelle shrieks before she hugs her mother. She is beyond thrilled. She is getting a step dad and a baby sibling. Annabelle swears this baby will be a boy. Mel laughs and she rubs her hand on Annabelle's back. The wolves all high five and back clap Jared.

*****

Peter and Leah run through the woods in their wolf forms, enjoying the great outdoors. It is November, but Peter loves the orange and yellow colors and the cool breeze. He and Leah find a small spot by a tree and lay down. Leah lays her head on Peter's legs, and the two rest until they see Paul's wolf.

"Your mom and Jared are engaged, they just announced it." Paul mind links them.

Leah and Peter look at each other.

"Where are they?" Peter replies.

Follow me, son."

The three wolves run until they reach Sam and Emily's. Peter phases and pulls on some cut off shorts, and he runs inside. He pulls his mom into a hug, and she sobs. Peter feels her happiness, he felt it from the trees. He holds an arm out and Annabelle joins the family hug.

Leah and Paul stand at the doorway, watching the encounter with smiles.

"I miss them." Paul admits to Leah as he looks at Mel's scar. "I really do, but they're happy and I am too."

"They miss you, too." Leah says. "Peter says he sees it in Mel's head sometimes. But not often."

Paul looks at Jared and Mel. "I gotta go." And Paul heads home to his wife to make a baby.

************

Mel and Jared lay in their bed together that night, smiling amongst themselves. Jared and the pack are building a room onto the house for the baby, they are starting tomorrow. Annabelle is in her room after showering, she has work the next day and a date with Seth. Peter is at the Cullen residence, studying to become a doctor under Carlisle and waiting to see if he gets the part time job in Port Angeles.

As Mel lays on her side to sleep, Jared snuggles up to her and the pair go to sleep together.