006

"Caius called, I have a warning." Melissa speaks to the pack.

Jared snaps his gaze towards his very pregnant fiancée. "What warning?"

"They have a spy in the trees, everywhere." Melissa replies. "They are coming when Renesme gives birth."

"Mel, you warn the Cullen's." Jared demands, he is doing well as alpha. "Paul, you an Embry patrol."

Mel changes before leaving.
******************************

Mel rings the doorbell at the Cullen's, she is a nervous wreck now. She has been since her conversation with Caius. Jasper opens the door, feeling her emotions in, and lets his pregnant niece inside. Nessie and Jacob are on the couch in the second floor living room.

"They just arrived." Peter says, reading his mom's mind. "Mom, what's wrong? You're blocking something from me, and both uncle Jas and myself felt your nervousness a mile away."

"Caius Voltari called." Melissa says.

Peter flashes over to his mom and he takes her hand. "What did he say, mom? Are you ok?"

The wolf looks past him and locks eyes with Jacob. "He knows Nessie is pregnant, he has spies."

"What?" Jacob gasps, Nessie looks just as panicked.

"They want him, like they wanted me and the kids when I was still a tribrid." Melissa replies. "Caius called me with a warning."

"What warning?" Edward asks from the balcony doors. "You're blocking this part out from us."

"That they're coming...." Melissa swallows the lump in her throat. "When the baby's born."

Nessie is looking big, a lot like Mel did with her two hybrids. "Mel?"

Melissa squats down in front of her and grabs her hands. "Breathe, Ness. Your baby will be here next week. We have to train, and be ready for what they bring. When Caius wants something, he doesn't stop until he gets it."

"I'm scared." Nessie says.

Mel pulls her up and hugs her. "I am too, Ness. Caius... We shared something in Volterra, and he wants me back now that Athenadora is dead." She says to where only she can here, none of the vampires or the wolf or the tribrid duo.

Nessie pulls back and she looks Melissa in the eyes, nodding. "You and me, together?"

Mel nods. "Plus my kids, I won't leave them behind. They saved my life."

Peter squeezes Annabelle's hand at those words, and Nessie hugs Mel again. Jacob is still on the couch, he is speechless by Mel's fondness of Nessie and the baby. But then he remembers her own kids. She went into labor while the Voltari was there after the Victoria ordeal. And he knows she is write about Caius. He wanted her, he got her.

"Now what?" Carlisle asks.

"Now, we prepare. We have a week, people!" Melissa demands. "Nessie, sweetie, you and your pregnant self stick with us."

Annabelle smiles. "We'll protect you."

"Mom, your baby is dye in a week." Peter says.

Mel looks at her son and she nods. "That's why I need you two there, and not with me."

This baby is a tribrid, she told them it was a wolf.

"But mom, we wanna see the baby born." Annabelle argues.

"And we need Renesme and her baby unharmed, and we need that baby with us, where it belongs." Mel says then uses her control gift. "Protect them, leave me behind with Sue Clearwater!"

The two nod in their trance, and Emmett is staring at her. He growls suddenly and he drags her off.

"What's going on?" She gasps as he lets her go.

"That baby's not a plain wolf, is it?" Emmett asks, then Sam's solid black wolf shows up with a tad of white hair.

"No, it isn't." Melissa replies and Sam looks sad.

"Will you survive this delivery?" Emmett asks.

"I.... I don't know." Melissa replies.

"I am staying."

"You're going." Melissa demands, using her gift with tear-filled eyes. "I.... I need on person now, and I killed him!"

"Laurent." Emmett sighs. "If you don't survive?"

"Sue will want a vampire." Mel replies. "I'll be a tribrid again."

Emmett nods, and he hugs the pregnant wolf. "I love you, Mel."

"I love you, too, Em." Mel replies. "Let's head back."

When she goes to walk, she sees Peter and Annabelle. They are red eyed with tears strolling down their faces. Emmett kisses Mel's head and he vanishes. The twins hug their mom, knowing she'll be dead for a few days. Annabelle has developed a new gift, she can now see the future like Alice.

The trio go back to the Cullen place, they have dried their tears. Nessie smiles when she sees Mel and Mel sits next to her, kicking Jacob off the couch. He smirks at her before standing next to Peter, who hasn't taken his eyes off his mother. Annabelle hasn't stopped staring at her, either. Edward and Jasper notice, but say nothing.