007

About a week and a half later.....
**********************************

Nessie had her baby a few days ago, a boy named Jason Lee Black. Of course, Caius called Mel. But now, they're all in a clearing, waiting. But then Mel's water breaks. She gasps and falls to her knees in a pile of mud, it is spring time, after all, and it's raining. Peter flashes her to Sue's, then goes back.

"Mel, hey, I'm going to check you." Sue coos softly, Charlie is at work.

Sue does as she says and smiles. "It's time to push."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The coven all stand around in the clearing as the Voltari came, Seth is hiding somewhere in the woods with Jason. Caius is looking for Mel, he doesn't see her. He narrows hid crimson eyes at the married hybrid. Then at Jared, he is curious at what they had done to Mel and the baby. Then he sees two teens.

No. Caius gasps in his mind with wide eyes. No. They can't be..... NO.

Peter tilts his head in confusion as he and Annabelle stand in front of Annabelle. Annabelle cracks her knuckles as she meets eyes with an emotionless Marcus. She always felt bad for him, he told her he hasn't felt a thing since his mate was murdered.
------------------------------------------------------

"Mel, push now!" Sue demands.

Mel grips onto the sheets as she pushes with all her might. Billy and Sam are here, just in case something happens.

"Take a break, breath." Sue coos, then she counts down from ten. "Ok, Mel, push. We're almost there."

Sam takes Mel's hand and she looks him in the eye, and closes them as she pushes.
*******************************

"We want the baby." Aro speaks to the coven. "Where is he?"

"You can't have him." Esme replies. "He belongs with us!"

Aro steps forward but to his surprise, Caius stops him.

"Brother, no."

Aro runs at them. and Annabelle stops him with her mind as she steps forward. Aro's eyes widen before Annabelle throws him with the nod of a head. Caius steps back a little as he watches her.

Melissa was right..... Caius thinks to himself. They're strong.

Aro goes at them again.

"Stop!" Peter demands and Aro obeys.

He looks at Annabelle who moves a knife towards him with her mind, she has gotten it from their home in La Push. She plunges it into his stomach, but he soon recovers.
-------------------------

"NO!" Sue demands as Mel stops breathing after the birth of her son, she hasn't named him yey, Billy has him. "Sam, get me a vampire, now."
***********************************

Everyone freezes as Sam comes into the muddy clearing. Peter walks up and he gasps.

"They need a vampire, mom died right after our brother was born." Peter says. "

Caius steps forward. "I'll do it. Lead me to her."

Both covens are shocked, Jared and the twins are relieved as they watch Sam lead Caius to La Push.

Sue gasps when she sees the royal vampire and she bows.

"Don't." Caius hisses. "Where is Melissa?"

Sue nods and she quickly brings him to her. Caius smells her wolf and he sighs, he knows she will be tribrid again, with her baby and teens. He sits next to her and brushes her hair back, then he bites into her neck. The wolf elders and Sue flinch at the action, but smile as he kisses her forehead and vanishes.
-----------

Caius returns to the clearing and he nods towards the teens, letting them know he saved their mother. then he joins his own coven. Aro smiles at Caius before he eyes the others.

"Very well." Aro speaks. "We will return, to check on baby Whitlock's progress and so Caius can check on Mel's transition. The new tribrid baby is safe from our hands. Brothers, let's go."

Nessie sighs in relief as Seth brings Jason to her. Caius' eyes linger on him before the Voltari vanish from the clearing.

****

Three days later

****

Peter sits beside Mel's bed, wearing the same as he wore with the Voltari fight. He is holding his nameless baby brother, who looks about two weeks old. Annabelle came in the room for a second, but couldn't stand the sight of her dead mother and left. That has been three days. Peter's been in there every single day. Only left to use the bathroom, to eat, or to shower. He'd sleep and babysit his nameless brother in the room.

Annabelle runs in with Alice. "She's fixing to wake up."

Peter jumps up with the baby and Annabelle takes him, this is her first time holding him. The trio watches as the dark color comes back to Mel's hair, and watch her complexation return as well. Alice wears a smile, and Peter is hopeful. Annabelle is excited that her mom is waking up, and will be a tribrid like them.

When Mel's eyes snap open, they are the same electric blue the kids adore so much.

"Mom." Annabelle whispers and Mel snaps her gaze over. "This is your son, our brother."

Annabelle hands the baby over to Mel, and Melissa gazes down at him with adoring eyes. Alice leaves to fetch Jared, Jasper, and Emmett. The three were worried, but nowhere near as worried as Peter and Annabelle.

"Mom, what's his name?" Peter asks.

"Laurent." Mel whispers. "Laurent Paul Whitlock."

"It's memorable." Jared comments as he steps inside the room. "Man, I make pretty babies."

"Jared." Peter chuckles. "Shut up."

Jared laughs too and he watches as Mel tears up. Emmett and Jasper enter, and go straight to her. She growls.

"Easy, tiger." Emmett laughs. "It's just your best friend and uncle."

Mel looks at them and smiles. "Sorry. Which vampire came, Emmett?"

"Believe it or not, Caius stepped up." Emmett replies.

"Of course he did." Mel laughs. "Caius may acts as if he doesn't have a care in the world. But when it comes to me..... I don't know. it is like a switch."

"You're part human." Jared says from the doorway. "You might be Caius's blood singer."

"He's right." Peter replies as he goes to take Laurent, but Mel growls and he backs away. "Sorry, mom."

"Mm, I love all of you." Mel muses. "Wait a minute." Mel suddenly looks serious. "Jared, did you say blood singer?"

"Caius is very protective of you," Edward says as he walks in. "He was looking for you in that clearing, not Jason."

Mel's electric blue eyes widen. "No." She whispers. "Why does being a damn tribrid for me have to always be so damn complicated??"

Jasper sends a wave of calm through her before he holds his newest great nephew. "What's his name?"

"Laurent." Alice replies with a grin. "Laurent Paul Whitlock."

Jasper looks at Mel and he grins, then looks back at Laurent. "Hi, Laurent. I'm your uncle Jasper."

The coven and pack all arrive, and meet baby Laurent.