002

Mel is at the Cullen's until the stepping down ceremony in La Push, she is helping Alice decorate the backyard for Jacob's wedding to Nessie. Jared was a nervous wreck when she left, she almost didn't. Jared wouldn't let her miss her family time for him. He went to Sam's. Sam is still trying to calm the man down.

"This is exciting." Alice chirps. "Nessie is getting married. Your imprint is becoming alpha. Peter and Annabelle's dad's becoming beta now. One step closer to alpha."

"It is." Melissa agrees. "Jared's a nervous wreck. The ceremony is this evening. The kids and I are going, to show our support for Sam and to be there for Jared."

"Them guys." Alice coos, smiling about Peter and Annabelle. "I love them."
----

Peter is laying in Leah's bed, her head is in his lap. "Leah, are you going to Sam's stepping down ceremony?" He asks his girlfriend.

"I was hoping to." Leah replies as she looks in his eyes.

"Catch a ride with us, Seth is." Peter offers.

Leah sits up and she kisses him. "Of course. Let's go eat."
******

Jasper hands Mel a cup of warm tea as he sits on the futon beside her, he feels her nervousness about the ceremony. Jasper knows she wants Jared to succeed and shoot high, Jasper knows Jared will. Frankly, Jasper has grown to trust the wolf.

Melissa remains silent, but she doesn't need to speak. Jasper understands. She is trying to keep strong for herself, for Jared, her kids. She is starting to hurt more, her vampire venom and her werewolf blood are fighting in her veins. She masks the pain, so that neither Jasper or Peter feel it. Annabelle knows something is wrong, but Mel just won't talk.

One of her hybrid species will die, but she doesn't know if it will be the wolf, the human, or the vampire.

************

Mel stands outside Sam's house, the house is pull of pack members, and elders. Peter steps out and he feels her nervousness. He smiles to himself before jogging over.

"Mom, you're nervous about the p crowd, aren't you?" Peter asks her. "The elders and pack love you, you know that. Plus, Jared's waiting and looking for you."

Mel kisses his head before the two walk in. Billy Black rolls right over and he opens his arms. Mel hugs Billy tightly and she spots Jared. Jared is watching his imprint conversate with Billy and Sam. The actual ceremony begins in an hour.

Mel finally makes her way over to Jared, and he hugs her. He's happy she's here, actually feels a lot less nervous about the new role as alpha. Sam watches two as he holds Melonie. His wife, Emily, is cooking with Annabelle for the ceremony guests and everyone else who eats. Annabelle loves helping Emily or Sue cook when she is in Forks.

As the time counts down, Jared and Sam get changed into nicer clothes instead of cut off shorts and tank tops. Sam is in some dark jeans, a brown button down top, and some boots. Jared changed into some denim jeans with fading on the knees, a t-shirt with a black cross on the back and white tennis shoes. Both brushed their hair out of their brown eyes.

Mel watches as the elders surround Jared, Sam, Paul, and Embry. Peter places his hand on his mothers knee before sending a wave of calm over her. She thanks him in her head, wanting to remain silent for this important event for the pack and the tribe members. Emily and Annabelle are leaned against the kitchen doorway, watching this take place. Emily has Melonie on her hip, almost crying. Emily is happy for Sam and Jared. She is even happy for Paul and Embry, little Melonie has no idea what's going on.

"Everyone, your new alpha, Jared Cameron!" Billy announces, earning some claps and cheers. "And his second in command, the beta, us Paul Lahote. Our newest omega is Embry Call. Give them a round of applause, people."

Everyone claps, Peter even sends some wolf whistles. Leah is clapping from her seat next to Rachel. Rachel is why Peter isn't sitting beside his girlfriend. The she wolf understands his point, she isn't the largest fan of Rachel herself. She acts as if Paul is all hers. The imprint acts jealous whenever Mel and her kids are around just because Mel had Paul's kids and she didn't. Paul is actually close with the twins.... When Rachel isn't around. When she is, Peter and Annabelle aren't.

Jared grabs Mel's face after the ceremony, and he plants his lips onto hers. The fireworks he feels are welcoming as he pulls away, the warmth of her lips immediately being replaced with the cooler November hair. He pushes the hair put of her face before he goes into the kitchen for some food. Peter walks over and he kisses Leah on the lips, and he hugs her close. Annabella and Seth are sitting on the couch, talking about her first phase.
****

Mel is back in Forks for a little while, helping Carlisle and Alice clean the house. Carlisle is still her vampire part's mate, which has helped their bond as friends. He understands how much she loves Jared. It is how he loves Esme.. The two married again a year after the drama with the Voltari.

Jacob and Nessie's wedding is in two weeks. Alice has been busting her butt decorating, and getting everything together. Mel has helped, trying to take some of the pressure off Alice. So have Rosalie, Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle. Esme has finally made it, and she is helping set up too. Jasper enjoys having Melissa around, but he knows she is in the process of moving to La Push with her imprint. He has suggested it.

The hybrid goes up and she begins to beg, the twins are here and packing too. They have their own rooms in La Push. Jared made sure of it, so they can have privacy with their own imprints and mates. Luckily, their mates are also their imprints. They aren't as complicated like Melissa. Her mate is a vampire and her imprint is a wolf.
*******************

At Jared's, he is drinking a beer with Paul. Paul had left Rachel at Billy's. He is enjoying his new role as beta under Jared's alpha role. Embry is here, too, but he is drinking soda. When Mel and the twins walk in, Embry tosses the twins a soda, and Paul offers Mel a beer. She accepts. The group all hangs around, and talks.