8

"You didn't... let him?" Scott asked, uncomfortable at the look on Daniel's face. Daniel shook his head mutely.

"He posted it to the whole school?" Scott nodded. Daniel sank onto the bed beside Scott. "I'm sorry," he said finally. Scott nodded again.

"I know. I saw the whole thing. You didn't look like you wanted it. At least, not right away." Daniel shrugged half-heartedly, and shot Scott an apologetic glance.

"I don't know," he said truthfully. "I don't know what I want anymore. Except that I want to hit him. A lot. I know that." Scott smiled. "Can I ask you something?" Scott nodded. "Are we... together, still? Or not?"

"Not," said Scott. "At least until you figure out what you want. Then we'll see." Daniel nodded and smiled gratefully.

"Can I stay here tonight, please? I might kill Nick if I see him."

*

Nicky got dressed slowly, still half annoyed that Daniel had left in such a rush. He wasn't that bad, was he? He picked up his book and started to read, but was distracted a moment later by a chime from his computer, saying he had a message. Frowning, he went over and turned on his monitor.

Have fun? Nicky stared blankly at Oliver's message, before he sat down behind the desk.

What?

You never turned off your webcam, idiot. We saw everything.

Crap... Nicky groaned to himself. Don't tell Daniel. He doesn't know, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Sorry, too late.

What?

He'll know tomorrow. Kieran posted the link to everyone in the school mailing list when I was in the shower.

WHAT!?

Sorry.

WHAT!? Nicky felt shock and anger well up inside him. Partly because of his private moments with Daniel being broadcast to everyone, and partly because of Kieran's blatant lack of respect towards him, as alpha of the sub-pack. This is not good... Where is Kieran?

Asleep.

Humph... Wake him up and ask him what the hell he was thinking.

He's convinced Daniel's the vampire. He hasn't got proof yet though.

Wouldn't I know if I'd just slept with a vampire?

No idea. Did he feel cold.

No. Really warm.

I'll think about it. Don't be too mad at Kieran. You know what he's like about vampires. Oliver signed off before Nicky could reply. Nicky turned off the computer and lay down in bed with a sigh.