I knew I should have Stayed Home

It was an early day in Gotham, but for those in Wayne Manor, it was already 'late'. The boys had been up for a while and where now going through their morning routine, Tim and Damien were in the Gym working off their nightmares, while Jason was sulking to Dicks room. When he got there, with his binder in hand, he didn't know what he should do, knock or try it on his own. After about five minutes of guessing, he finally knocked. Dick had been expecting this, so he opened his door, and Jason headed in. They started on his Algebra 2 homework.

"Ok, so do you remember how to solve polynomials with the Quadratic equation?" Said Dick, as he was helping his older brother on the homework. Jason just nodded his head no, as shame settled in on his features.

"Hey, Jaybird, it's ok. Here, you can remember it like this... X= negative b plus or minus square root, of B squared minus 4 AC all over two a." He sang to the tune of pop goes the weasel.(Trust me, this is an actual way to learn this. My math teacher taught it to me, an now I can't get the song out of my head.) Jason tried it, and was shocked that he remembered it.

"That was great, now, try solving." Dick said gesturing to the last equation that can only be solve this way, and Jason did, and the answer was perfect.

"Jaybird, you did it!" Cried out a eustatic Dick, as Jason was shocked. He finally did some of his homework without any help from dick, well in the solving part.

"Thanks Dickybird." He said ruffling the young boys hair, making said person huff. But Jason turned his head to look at Dicks homework and did a double take.

"Dick, what level math are you in?" He asked, Dick looked down, smile disappearing from his face.

"Umm, I'm in Calculous." He said, and Jason was shocked, he never knew that.

"That's really cool, ok, now can you please help me on my Physics homework?" Asked Jason, Dick simply laughed before nodding. Jason then got help using math to determine his physics stuff, then Dick told him he was doing it great. So Jason thanked Dick, and headed to his own room, to get his backpack together.

Dick lost his smile once Jason left his room, he knew his brother was not gonna need his help soon, but he didn't want to try and hold him back just to spend more time with him. Dick went to his bathroom and then got his school uniform on, and gathered up his books. When he headed downstairs, he saw Jason waiting for him.

"Sorry, I couldn't find my Chemistry textbook." Said Dick sheepishly, as Jason rolled his eyes, and they headed to school. Tim and Damien go to collage, and it's Jason's last year in High school. So Dick tried to make the most of his time with his brother, before he didn't have any time left to spend with Dick.

When they got to school, Jason left Dick, to go to his friends. Dick was used to this, cuz it's what his brothers have always done. Ever since he moved in with them when he was nine, it still hurt a bit, but he knew he'd get over it. Dick scanned the courtyard of Gotham academy for his one friend, and soon her red hair was visible. Dick walked over to her, and when she turned he waved.

"Hey Babs, how are you?" He asked, in his usual cheerful manner. She rolled her eyes, but replied nonetheless.

"I'm fine, how'd you sleep last night?" She asked, and Dick looked down. Barbra Gordon, his best friend, was the only person who knew of his insomnia.

"Not well at all Babs, I fell asleep at the usual time, but I woke up not even four hours later. It's getting worse I think, before I used to be able to sleep till five, but now, I can't sleep past four." Barbra got sad, she knew of Dicks nighttime business, and she knew how he really felt. SO, hearing this, she had to tell him.

"Dick, you have to tell them. They might be able to help you, if it's really getting worse, you need help." She said, but Dick shook his head no.

"Babs, they already baby me enough. I don't need anymore pity or reasons for them to shelter me. If they knew, I'd be off the team, and off Patrol." He said quietly, and Barbra knew he was right.