Luke's Birthday

~Warnings and Explanations~

~Bad spelling and Grammar~

~This might have spoilers in it depending on where you are in TMI~

~Okay, this is sort of based off Cassandra Jean's photos of the young Circle members and also just something I wanted to make for Luke on his birthday since he's just the best.~

Luke was sitting in Serph Cafe waiting for Valentine and Jocylen

Luke was sitting in Serph Cafe waiting for Valentine and Jocylen. They had said that they had something very important to show him and to meet them there. That had been an hour ago. "Lucian!" He looked up to see Jocylen smiling at him. "Hey,"

"Come on! We have something to show you." She grabbed his arm and started pulling him out of the cafe. "Hey, I just ordered some coffee! You took so long I ordered a drink." Jocylen groaned and sat down at the table. "Where's Valentine anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be here too?" Jocelyn smiled, "You'll see once you get your coffee." Luke looked at her suspiciously. "What are you two planning?"

"Nothing~"

Sighing Luke gave up asking questions because he knew she wouldn't give any answers anyways. "I got the paints you wanted though," Luke stated as his coffee came to the table. "Oh, I forgot about my paints! That you!" She sounded happy, which makes Luke happy. "No problem. Anyway, I got my coffee you can drag me all over Idris now." Smiling, Jocelyn jumped up and grabbed his arm. "Alright! We got to hurry. We're running late."

As they were walking out the door Stephen Herondale was coming in and dumped coffee all over Luke's new shirt. "You know Stephen," Luke said sighing. "Every single time I see you, you're making a mess of something."

"I'm sorry!" Stephen said frantically. "It's fine, I'll just stop home and change."

"We don't have the time for that, Luke!" Luke looked back at Jocelyn, who was making evil eyes at Stephen. "You look like you need to have some words. So, I'll start home and you can yell at him." He said pointing at Stephen and walking out the door.

As soon as the door closed Luke could hear Jocelyn yelling something about 'running behind' and Stephen saying 'I was told to stall' which, he had no clue what either of them was talking about.

Luke had walked halfway back to his house by the time Jocelyn caught up to him. She was out of breath and apologizing. "It's fine, did you beat him to a pulp or something?" He asked curiously. "No! Why would you ask me that?!" She fired back. "Because you seemed really irritated with him, and when people irritate you sometimes you punch them."

"I don't punch people that often, Lucian!"

Luke shrugged and opened the front door to his house. "Amatis, I'm home." He didn't get a response. "Hey, where's my sister? She's normally here, and when she's not she's with Stephen." Jocelyn shrugged and shoved him towards his room. "Change so we can get going, will you?"

"But my-"

"She's fine now go!"

Luke changed his clothes and came out of his bedroom to see Amatis and Jocelyn hiding something behind their backs. "Excuse me, I thought you weren't home. Also, what's are you hiding?" They pulled out from behind their back a sword he'd never seen before. "What?"

"It's your birthday present, idiot."

Luke was confused, "What do you mean?"

Sighing, they both grabbed his arm and pushed him in front of the calendar. "It's your birthday! Now, come on. We have to go we're majorly late."

They arrived at, what looked like a campsite to Luke, and Jocelyn yelled Happy Birthday. "Thank you, I've always wanted a plot of land." He responded sarcastically. "Oh, shush! Where did Valentine go? I swear, he sends me all over Idris and now he's not here."

"It's Valentine, what else do you really expect from him?"

"To be on time!"

"He's never on time."

"He needs to-"

"Sorry, I had to run and pick up your present from the silent brothers. I wanted them to make sure it wasn't deadly or something." Valentine said walking towards them. "Well, where's his present then?" Jocelyn asked with her hands on her hips. "It ended up being deadly."

"Of course it did. You're attracted to death."

Valentine shrugged. "I'll get you something else."

"Anyways," Amatis said. "How about we head up to the Fairchild manor and not stand around in the freezing cold? Why are we here in the first place?"

"We were supposed to camp here."

Luke snapped his head at Jocelyn. "I am not sleeping out here in the snow. You're crazy!" Valentine put his hand on Luke's shoulder. "Don't worry. Everyone else will be out here too so it's not like anything can attack us." Luke narrowed his eyes at Valentine. "That's not my concern. I would rather just not freeze my butt off on my birthday and be sick for a month after."

"Wouldn't it be worth it?"

"No."

"Well, I guess we aren't staying out here. Anyway, as Amatis said, let's go up to the manor."

At the Fairchild Manor

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

Luke fell on the floor when Micheal Wayland and Robert Lightwood threw confetti in his face. "Was that truly necessary?" Smiling Micheal responded, "It was extremely necessary." Sighing, Luke got up and started talking with his friends until Amatis dumped slime on his head. "Thank you, I really needed that."

"Yeah, well you know. Happy Birthday."

"I have cake!" Jocelyn said coming in. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU."

"I don't even want to explain, can I just have the cake?" Luke asked and then grabbed the entire cake from her and ran upstairs and locked himself in a random bedroom while everyone knocked on the door trying to make him share the cake.

"My birthday, my cake."