Jace's Birthday

~Warnings and Explanations~

~Bad spelling and Grammar~

~Possible spoilers~

~This is based off something me and my brother were talking about. Since Jace's birthday in the book is only stated as "sometime in January" my stupid brain thought up this.~

It was January, a pretty cold day in January. The heat had gone out in Tessa and Jem's apartment and Jocelyn had invited them to stay at Clary's place, making it a bit crowded. Trying to escape it, she had asked to go to the institute, claiming to hang out with Isabelle but no one was fooled by that. Though, they let her go anyway. To Clary's dismay, they stayed while she was there because the Lightwood's invited them to dinner. But the institute is bigger than Luke's house, so she didn't care that much. However... like always, chaos was bound to happen at some point while they were all there.

"How's your studying going, Clary?" Jace asked. Clary stared at him, blinking for a few minutes trying to find an excuse for why she didn't touch any of the reading what so ever. He wouldn't take "it's boring and I don't want to read it" as an excuse. "You read none of it, again. Clary, we've talked about this! If-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I KNOW. But it's..."

"It's...?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's... ON FIRE AND I COULDN'T READ IT."

"You might as well have said "my dog ate my homework" because that was bad," Simon said, trying to hide a laugh.

Jace was about to say something to Simon, but he didn't get to say his sarcastic remark asking what Simon was doing there (He always gets the same look on his face when he doesn't want Simon there) when Maryse Lightwood came into the room. "Jace, I need you to go clean the weapons in the weapons room. I don't remember the last time they were cleaned and put away properly. We have a Conclave meeting coming up and I don't want to have any issues because of the state of that room." Clary watched as Jace stared at her, blinking a few minutes before replying "but... it's my birthday..." His adoptive mother's eyes widened, showing that she forgot. "Oh... then don't worry about it! I'll get Isabelle to do it... ALEC! COME HERE!" She yelled before disappearing.

"I didn't realize it was your birthday," Simon started to say to Jace but was interrupted by Alec screaming.

"NOPE! I'M LEAVING! I'LL BE AT MAGNUS'S APARTMENT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! IF YOU NEED ME, DON'T BOTHER CALLING."

"Wow... what's his problem..." Simon asked, really confused. Clary opened her mouth to respond to Simon, but Alec showed up in the doorway to the living room still screaming.

"I'M NOT DOING IT. HE CAN BLOW THE CANDLES OUT OF A MANGO!"

"I WANT TO BLOW THE CANDLES OUT OF A MANGO!" Jace screamed after him, smiling like an idiot. Sometimes Clary couldn't believe some of the things he gets excited about, but it was Jace so she didn't care.

"GOOD!" Alec yelled, starting to walk down the hall. His Mother appeared back in the doorway after him a second later yelling at him. "IT'S YOUR PARABATAI'S BIRTHDAY! YOU CAN'T LEAVE!"

"IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY LAST WEEK AND THE WEEK BEFORE THAT! I'M LEAVING GOODBYE!"

After Alec's screaming couldn't be heard anymore and his Mother ran after him, Jem appeared in the doorway and gave a questioning look asking, "does anyone know what that was about?"

"I think," Simon said, "that Jace has claimed it's his birthday every time he doesn't want to do something this month."

"You would be correct," Clary said, sighing and ripping a picture out of her drawing pad. "Here, happy birthday you annoying butt."