01

[Toni's POV]

I walked through the halls of Riverdale High, it was the end of the day so nobody was really around. I spotted my favorite red head by her locker, putting away her books. We've been friends since childhood.

"Hey, Cher." I said and approached her. She smiled and shut her locker, looking over to me. I had always thought her smile brightened up the room. If the hallway was filled with kids, I guarantee the tension would ease up by a whole lot.

"Hey, Cha-Cha." She greeted. Cha-Cha was her nickname for me while my nickname for her was Bombshell. "Are you ready to go?"

I nodded my head, "Yup. Whenever you are." We both went outside of the school and went over to my motorcycle in which, Cheryl had named 'Joker'. Her car, in which I had named, 'Big Red', isn't working so until further notice, I drive Cheryl to school and at home. Although it's not a big difference from when her car was working, I usually did drive her.

I grabbed both the helmets from my motorcycle. One was black, mine and one was a cherry red color that was Cheryl's. She so extra but I love it.

I handed her, her helmet. "Safety first, my Queen." I flirted. I wouldn't actually admit this, but for as long as I can remember, I've had a crush on Cheryl. Lately, I've been feeling in the friend zone. But then again, Cheryl may not know I like her even though I flirt a lot. Flirting is actually a part of my normal personality but with Cheryl, I flirt more on purpose.

"You are so cheesy, Toni." She giggled, and took the cherry red helmet out of my hand. She put on the helmet and adjusted it so all her red hair was comfortable inside the helmet, while I did the exact same.

I helped her get on, I didn't want her to hurt herself. Seconds later, I too got on in front of her. I started the bike and felt her arms wrap around my waist. I could stay like this forever.

[Cheryl's POV]

I could stay like this forever.

I sighed as I put my head down on Toni's shoulder, as we road through streets of Riverdale. I had a HUGE crush on Toni Topaz, but I didn't want to admit it. At least not to the public. My cousin, Betty and her girlfriend, Veronica already know though. My parents and brother suspect it, but lucky for me they're accepting.

And I'm currently dating someone. Reggie Mantle. He's the quarterback of the football team and the most misogynistic person I have ever had the displeasure to meet. The only reason, I'm dating him is because he's the quarterback, I'm the head cheerleader. You're perfect high school cliche couple. Except I'm not happy with our relationship.

I'm a lesbian, and Reggie just so happens to be a homophobic asshole. I need to break up with him.

"We're here." Toni said, snapping me out of my thoughts. We both got up, took off our helmets and went to the door. I opened the door with my keys.

When we walked in, Reggie and Jason where walking down the stairs. Why is Reggie even here?

I saw Toni tense up at the side of my eye. Why though?

"Babe," Reggie said, as he noticed me.

"Reggie," I said and out on a fake smile.

"Reggie here was just helping me with some football drills." Jason smiled. Jason is also a part of the Bulldog's football team.

"Oh how nice." I said, and looked over to Toni and then back at the boys. "Now if you'll excuse me, Toni and I will be upstairs."

[Toni's POV]

Cheryl and I went upstairs and to her bedroom. I put my backpack on the floor by her large sized bed. I never understood why she needed such a big bed, then again... she's Cheryl Bombshell.

Cheryl closed the door and put her purse down. "You've been quiet, are you okay, Cha-Cha?" She asked. She must have noticed me staring at her for a while.

"Yeah, of course." I lied. I wasn't okay. Not really okay. Not only were my feelings for her deepening, by I have a huge secret that if I told anyone, I'm scared they would leave me.

See, I'm intersex. It's been a struggle all my life hiding it. Especially from Cheryl, since she's the hottest human being on the face of the earth. Hell, the face of the universe. Or the face of the dimensions. Which is bigger?

"Are you okay?" I decided to turn the tables. "I expected you and Reggie to share a kiss back there." I pointed to the door, behind me. "You know, like couples do."

"Yeah, well frankly, I'm not so sure I want us to be a couple anymore." She said, to which caught me off guard. Wait what? I thought she was happy. I couldn't help but feel happy, but I hid it.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Well, I just have been developing feelings for someone else." She stated. I instantly felt a pain of jealousy in my chest. Who was this mysterious person she was crushing on?

[Cheryl's POV]

I saw her face drop after I admitted I was crushing on someone. Was she jealous? Wait, does that mean she has a crush on me. No, she couldn't.

"W-who?" Her voice sounded weak and vulnerable, but I could tell she was so her best to hide it. "Someone I know?"

I nodded, slowly. "Yeah. Someone you do know."

"Oh, well that's cool." She lied. It was obvious. VERY obvious. "Yeah, yeah totally."

"You okay, Cha-Cha?" I asked her. She nodded quickly. A little too quickly. I had a feeling she was hiding something.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Toni said. "Guess I'm just a little tired. Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure," I smiled, and with that, we both laid down on my bed, getting comfortable while I put on Netflix. Needless to say, we ended up watching movies all night.