02

[Toni's POV]

I woke up with Cheryl wrapped around me as I held her close. I stared at her. I couldn't believe I was put into this position. I couldn't believe I was in love with my best friend. This could ruin our friendship if she doesn't feel the same.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." I heard and suddenly I saw Cheryl's brownish mocha eyes open up and stare right back at me. I shrugged and grabbed my phone from the night stand and took a quick picture.

"You know I was just joking right?" She said, smiling slightly.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "But like you said... it will last longer." She just rolled her eyes and looked over at the time.

"I'm gonna break up with Reggie today." She said, to which I stared at her in shock. I didn't think she'd do it right away. She must have noticed my shock because then she said, "It's time."

-
-

[Cheryl's POV]

I walked through the halls of the school. Unfortunately me and TT has to part ways to go to our classes but first I was going to break up with Reggie.

He was buy his locker, thankfully without the Bulldogs. I don't know how much embarrassment I could take.

"Reggie!" I called out and approached his locker. He looked over at me and smirked. Ugh!

"Hey babe."

"We need to talk." I said. If you looked close enough to me, you could actually see me sweating.

"About what?" He asked. He was so clueless. What else does 'we need to talk' mean?

"Well... I just... we need to break up." I said. I watched the look of sadness then confusion and then anger plaster on his face at the same time.

"You're dumping me?" He asked, to which I nodded. "You're dumping me for that Topaz chick aren't you?" I furrowed my eyebrows in a perfect arch. He just chuckled, "Come on everybody knows about your twisted fantasies, you dyke."

I tightened my fist and clenched my jaw, it was so frickin tempting to punch him. "Whatever, we're over." With that I hurried away and turned the corners and almost ran into someone.

"Oh sorry." The girl said. She was a brunette with green eyes. She sounded familiar and looked familiar. Wait...

"Heather?!"

[Toni's POV]

"Alright, I'll be putting you into pairs." The teacher droned in a she grabbed a white sheet of paper. "Okay here are the pairs."

"Sweet Pea and Archie

Fangs and Kevin

Betty and Veronica

Jughead and Chuck

Dilton and Ben

Ethel and Evelyn

Midget and Moose

and lastly Toni as Josie." He said.

The only one who I wanted to work with this project was Cheryl, but unfortunately she wasn't in this class. So that was that. But I guess I didn't mind Josie. As a matter of fact, I didn't really know her. I just knew that Cheryl had a crush on her in middle school, but apparently it's over.

[Cheryl's POV]

"How... how are you here?" I asked as I eyed Heather.

"Well my dad had some business he needed to do here in Riverdale so that's why I'm here." She stated. "So are you still friends with that Serpent girl?" She asked, I felt a hint of jealous from her voice. She was jealous. And she rolled her eyes.

"Toni?" I asked. "Yes, we're still friends. Why don't you like her?"

"It's nothing," She very clearly lied. "I just think she's all wrong for you but whatever. I'll see you later, Cher." With that she walked off and my eyes followed her. What the hell just happened?

[Heather's POV]

I slowly walked into the cafeteria with two things on my mind. I have to make Cheryl mines and I have to get rid of that Topaz girl. I looked around at the cafeteria tables. I got an idea when I saw Reggie and Josie sitting down by each other. I had met them earlier today.

I went by there table. "Can I sit?" I asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Oh yeah sure." Josie said and I sat across from them.

"So what are we talking about?" I asked.

"Oh, just my break up with Cheryl and how Josie is crushing on Toni Topaz." Reggie mumbled. Break up with Cheryl? Josie crushing on Toni? This was going to make my plan go a lot smoother.

"You know I may have an idea on how, you Josie, could get Toni and how you, Reggie, could get back Cheryl." I lied on the last plan. But when it came to that, I would take care of Reggie too. Just like how I'm going to take care of Toni.

"How?" Josie asked. She looked and sounded excited.

I smirked and looked between them before telling them step one.

[Toni's POV]

"I can't believe she's back." I told Cheryl.

Cheryl nodded her head sadly. "I know. She was technically the first girl to break my heart."

I looked at her. "What do you mean technically?" I asked her. She looked down with a blush.

"I mean that she broke my heart, and knew about it." She said. "There was someone who broke my heart but didn't know about it."

"Who?"

"You know that person I'm crushing on?" Cheryl asked and I nodded. She continued. "It was that person, who probably doesn't feel the same as I do.

Oh, that person. I couldn't hide my jealousy no matter how much I tried.

[Heather's POV]

"So are you in?" I asked the two. They looked at each other and nodded.

"Fine, we're in." Josie said as Reggie nodded again.

I smirked. By tomorrow, during school, Toni Topaz would be out of Cheryl's life.