03

[Cheryl's POV]

Today had been a terrible day. It's been a day since I talked to Heather but I did see her talking to Josie and Reggie. I didn't think all three of them would suddenly become friends. But, hey, at least she's leaving me and Toni alone.

Today, Toni agreed to help me with my routine in the auditorium while the other kids were gone. I had a cheer practice routine but some how I couldn't figure out how to nail it. Some HBIC I am.

Toni put down her bag by the stands, I had to get the boom box. "I'll be back, I need to grab the boom box." I said. She quickly followed me.

"No, I'll get it." She said.

"No it's okay." I stayed even though I knew I would need help. That boom box weighs like a million.

"It's fine." She said. "A queen like you shouldn't lift anything up." I chuckled at how cheesy that sounded. We both went into the changing room, she grabbed the boom box while I made sure she didn't break it.

We both went back to the auditorium. She put the noon box on the floor while I grabbed my pom poms. That were blue and gold, Vixen colors.

"You know you should really join the Vixens, Cha-Cha." I said and watched as she grimaced.

"Thanks but it's not really my style." Toni stated.

[Toni's POV]

As Cheryl was about to start her dance routine, the door was swung open suddenly and Sheriff Keller walked in. "Toni Topaz?"

"Uh, yeah." I said, wearily.

"You're under arrest for drug exposure." He said and cuffed me. What the hell was going on?

"What?!" Cheryl all but yelled.

"Sheriff What are you talking about?" I asked. "I don't own any drugs." He didn't answer just grabbed my backpack. He poured it upside down so everything would come out. Sure enough there was a stash of jingle jangle. It pained me to see those again.

"That — that isn't mine." I stuttered.

"Then why are they in you're back pack?"

I shook my head and shrugged. He sighed was about to lead me out the door until Cheryl spoke up.

"Toni?"

I looked back at her. I could tell she was confused and she didn't think they were mines. "Cheryl, they aren't mines. I need you to call F.P. and tell him what happened." She nodded her head as the Keller lead me out.

[Cheryl's POV]

I called F.P. and told him everything that happened. Why were there a bunch of Jingle Jangle in Toni's backpack. Now I know she wouldn't touch that due to the fact that her mother overdosed on that.

Someone walked in, pulling me from my thoughts. "What happened to Toni?" Heather asked, I groaned.

"Someone put Jingle Jangle in her backpack." I stated with a sigh.

"Are you sure?" She asked, which caused me to arch my eyebrows. "Maybe it's hers."

"Are you kidding me?!" I raised my voice. "Toni would never do something like this! I would know! I'm her best friend!"

She just shrugged. "Oh well, I'm just saying... she may not be what you think she is." She smirked. "See ya later, Blossom." And with that, she left.

[Toni's POV]

"Alright you get one phone call before I take you to your cell." Sheriff Minetta said and lead me to the phones. I obviously called Cheryl.

After a few rings, she answered.

"Hello?" I could tell she had been crying with how broken her voice sounded. It broke my heart.

"Cheryl?" I asked. "It's me Toni."

"Cha-Cha!" Her voice brightened up. "Are you okay? How is it there?"

"It's actually not that bad." I said. "Did you call F.P.?"

"Yeah, I did." She said. "I'm so sorry this happens to you." She apologized.

"It's not your fault, Cher." I smiled. "I'm fine."

"Toni, I'm going to get you out of there."

I shook my head. "No, Cheryl. I want you to live your life and not have to worry about me 24/7."

"But I can't live my life without you, Toni." She sobbed.

"I can't live my life without you either, Cher." I said. "I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll call you ask soon as I get the chance."

"Alright.... I love you, Cha-Cha."

"I love you, too, Bombshell."