04

[Toni's POV]

"This is your cell, Topaz." Sheriff Minetta said and un cuffed the handcuffs off my wrist. "This is your cell mate. Casey Butler." He said and I saw a girl on one of the beds holding a book. She had raven black hair and planet green eyes. I also noticed she had a Serpent tattoo.

"See you too later." Minetta left, closing the gates. I sat on my bed.

The girl, Casey, looked at me. "You're Toni Topaz, right? Thomas Topaz's grandkid?"

I nodded my head. "Yep, that's me. You're a Serpent too? I don't think I've ever seen you."

"That's cause I'm one of the new ones. So I'm still technically in training." She stated. "So what are you in here for."

"I was framed for Jingle Jangle." I said. "How about you?"

"Trespassing on Ghoalie territory."

"They can arrest you for that?" I asked, shocked.

She nodded. "Ever since Hiram Lodge sided with them and hated the Serpents."

"That's seriously messed up," I scoffed. "I actually know the Lodges. I'm friends with their daughter."

"Veronica Lodge?" Casey asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, from what I hear, she's nothing like her family." She said.

"She most certainly is not."

[Cheryl's POV]

"I don't even know how the Jingle Jangle got in her bag." I said to Betty, Veronica, Kevin, Archie, Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead.

"It'll be alright, Cher." Kevin gave me a comforting smile. "I'll talk to my dad and go over the evidence, maybe there's something in there that can lead us to whoever framed Toni."

"I doubt it." Jughead scoffed, and I don't know why, but I wanted to hit right there and then.

"What's your problem, Jones?" I asked the beanie wearing hobo.

Jughead just shrugged. "I'm just saying, maybe this is your fault." He put his arm over the cafeteria table. "Maybe you're the reason for all of this."

"Excuse me?!" I had to bite my tongue from lashing out and yelling at him for thinking something so stupid. "How the hell is this my fault?!"

"Well I just noticed that ever since she became friends with you, shes put you in front of us Serpents. You know her actually family." He said.

"Oh come on, hobo," I said. "You know damn well you're just jealous because you're in love with Toni!"

He seemed shocked at what I just said. "How... how did you... you know whatever! You're the reason Toni's in jail!" He got up and looked at Sweet Pea and Fangs. "Come on, guys!"

Sweet Pea and Fangs stood up. "No." Fangs crosses his arms. I just smirked at Jughead's reaction.

"What?!" Jughead asked.

"You do not come here and trash talk one of us." Sweet Pea got closer to him. "Cheryl's a Serpent too, even if it may not be officially but she is. And if you don't like it, then leave."

"Okay, first off, you can't just not obey me. My dad's the Serpent king!" Jughead yelled, only to be cut off by Sweet Pea. I saw some students turn their heads at us.

"I don't give a damn who you're dad is!" Sweet Pea said, turning red faced.

"And I'm sure he'd be disappointed with you because of how you're acting, beanie boy." Fangs cut in. He was calmer than Sweet Pea was, but he was still pretty pissed.

"I...I..." Jughead just gave up and ran off, making the smart decision and not looking back. Sweet Pea and Fangs sat back down.

"Thanks guys." I thanked the two boys, who were like brothers to Toni.

"No problem, Red. Nobody disrespects one of us."

[Toni's POV]

"And this is where us prisoners, hang out." Casey said as we walked outside. The place was surrounded with security and some prisoners outside, talking.
"And this is my table." She pointed to the table were there we 3 other girls at. "Come along."

I followed her to the table. "Guys," She got the attention of the other girls. "This is Toni Topaz, a newbie." She looked at me. "Toni this is Alex Wright," She pointed to a brunette with brown eyes. "Max Porter," She pointed to a girl who had brunette hair with blond highlights at the end and gray eyes. "And Sam Ross." She pointed to a girl with white and black hair and who had chestnut eyes. They all had Serpents tattoos.

"Nice to meet you, Toni." Max said. "You're a Serpent too, aren't you?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm Thomas Topaz's grandkid." And I saw all their eyes widened and mouths drop, except Casey since she already knew.

"No way!" Alex exclaimed. "He's like one of the founders of the Southside Serpents."

"Yeah, well don't worry, we've got your back, Topaz." Sam said.

"Thanks guys."

"No problem, T." Casey said. "A Serpent never stands alone."