Chapter 1: Beginnings

Applejack was sitting in her den when the mail pony, Derpy, knocked on her door and gave her a letter. Puzzled AJ looked and saw it was from Fluttershy. AJ opened it and began to read, it said:

Dear Applejack,

I have something very important to discuss and would like you to meet me at Sugar Cube Corner around noon. Thanks.

Your Friend,

Fluttershy

Aj looked at the clock which read 11:15 am. She quickly set the letter down and bolted from her house.

Applejack reached Sugar Cube Corner just in time. She panted as she pushed the doors open

---FlashBack---

Fluttershy looked at the time and hoped that her friend had gotten her letter in time. She sighed as thought of doubt began to collect in her mind.

Oh my, what if AJ gets upset? What if he doesn't like me.. what if..

Fluttershy's thoughts were interrupted as an orange earth pony with 3 apples as her cutie mark walked in seeming exhausted.

Aj sat down and looked at Fluttershy.

"Heya Flutter, whats on your mind?" she asked kindly, noticing that Fluttershy seemed tense.

" Well..I-I was uhm..wondering if .. well.. if ..Big Mac.." Fluttershy gulped, "If he.. likes anypony?" She ended with a small squeak.

Aj looked kindly at her friend who had just hidden her face behind her pink mane.

"Well I don't really like to pry into his personal live but I have been hearing that he does like somepony. I'm not sure who though." Aj look at a crushed Fluttershy. Her heart seized seeing how sad it made her.

"I could talk to him if ya'd like. I wouldn't mention nothin' bout ya likin' him but I could see who he does like" Applejack said trying to comfort her friend.

Fluttershy thought and nodded her head, feeling happier about the situation.

"I'd really appreciate it Aj! Thank you!" Fluttershy said joyously and threw her arms aroun her friend.

AJ sighed and released Fluttershy from the embrace. Looking at the time AJ said, "Well Flutters I got some chores to do around the farm. Ill talk to him and letcha know. Bye!"

Aj walked off wondering how she was going to bring up such a personal matter to her brother.