Chapter 12: Invitations

~Fluttershy POV~

I woke up, and felt great. It was the best night's sleep I'd gotten in weeks. I went to stretch, but stopped when I heard soft snoring from beside me. Looking down, I saw Discord laying next to me and squeled.

He woke up, "Is everything alright my dear?" Discord asked, his voice was more raspy than normal and was cute.

I giggled, "Yes, I forgot that I came in here last night," I got out of bed. Stretching I looked at Discord, who was doing the same.

We went downstairs, and I started to go towards the kitchen to make breakfast. Discord put a paw on my shoulder, and stopped me.

"Fluttershy, let me make breakfast. After all, you did let me stay here last night," Discord said, and looked into my eyes.

I gave in and allowed him to make food. He went in to the kitchen, and I went and sat down on the sofa.

After about fifteen minutes, Discord came out with two heaping plates of pancakes. They had whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top. Much better than me making oats.

After we ate, I burped. Blushing I said, "That was delicious," Discord blushed and made a chef hat materialize on his head.

I giggled, and the hat vanished.Discord smiled and took the plates to the sink and washed them.

"Thank you, you didn't have to wash them. I would've done them with my lunch dishes," I said, thanking him for helping.

Smiling, Discord said, "It was no problem. Anything I can do to help the mare of my dreams. I blushed a deep red, and looked down.

Discord lifted my head with his paw, and kissed me. Suddenly, the door opened and Discord and I jerked away from eachother. Twilight was standing there, suspicion was all over her face. Owlicious was on her back looking at us with large eyes.

"Who, who," Owilicious cooed.

~Twilight POV~

"Uhh, I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" I said, unsure of what I just saw. Had I seen them kissing?

"No you're not. Fluttershy and I were just sharing an intimate moment," Discord said flippantly, causing Fluttershy to blush.

"So they were kissing," I thought. I cleared my throat and walked inside.

"Fluttershy I was wondering if you could look after Owlicious. Spike and I need to go to Canterlot to help Princess Celestia with a gifted students program," I said excitedly.

Fluttershy put her hoof out and Owlicious flew off my back. Landing on her hoof Fluttershy said, "Of course I can Twilight," She was smiling.

"Thank you Fluttershy. Well I need to go now. Bye!" I said and trotted off to the train station. Spike was meeting me and should already be there. When I got there, he was standing next to the train door, and Spike smiled at me. We boarded the train and sat down.

"Why would Fluttershy be kissing Discord? Didn't she have a date with Big Mac? At least, that's what Rarity told me. Maybe I should talk to Princess Celestia," I thought.

Awhile went by, and we arrived at Canterlot. Spike and I got off the train and went to the castle. Arriving at the castle the guards bowed to me. Something I still was getting used to, and escorted us to the throne room.

"Princess Celestia," I said bowing out of habit.

"Twilight, you don't need to bow to me anymore. You are a princess now," She said, a smile on her face.

"Erm, can I ask a question before we get started?" I asked, unsure of how to put in words what I thought I saw.

She nodded and I walked up to her. "I think I saw Discord and Fluttershy kissing. Do you know anything about that?"

"Oh, so he's finally got her. Good for him," Celestia said. I understood imediately. They were together.

"Is it even possible for them to have a uhmm.. Physical relationship?" I asked, my face as red as the carpet. I'd never asked anything like that before. Especially to the Princess.

Princess Celestia chuckled, "Of course, Discord's father was a pony and his mother was a dragonques."

"So you knew about this?" I asked, it was incredulous how much Celestia knew about everypony.

"I know everything about Discord. I knew he liked Fluttershy before he did. I'm the one who told Discord to tell his feelings to Fluttershy." She stated. Seemingly happy, that she did.

"I wss wondering because I went to see if Fluttershy could watch Owlicious for me and I saw them kissing," I chuckled.

Celestia smiled, "Alright, now let's go get the program for gifted students ready."

I made a fan-mare like squel and followed her to the lecture hall.

~Discord POV~

I was nervous, Twilight had walked in on Fluttershy and I kissing. I wondered what she was thinking. I looked at the yellow pegasus next to me. Fluttershy leaned against me, her eyes were full of concern.

"It'll be ok, my dear," I said supportively, "They were going to find out anyways."

She sighed, "I hope so, I don't want anything to come inbetween me and my friends."

I gave Fluttershy a hug, "We can talk to Twilight when she comes to pick up her owl." I said. She nodded and broke my hold on her.

"Maybe we should tell the others. It's better if they find out by us than from Twilight," Fluttershy said, hope filling her eyes.

"I most certainly agree," I said and made paper appear out of nowhere, "We can send them invitations to dinner tonight, and then we can tell them all at once." A smile lit up Fluttershy's face.

"That's a perfect idea, Discord!" Fluttershy exclaimed, and then took the paper. She would write a few words, then crumple the paper up.

After a few times, Fluttershy gave out a frustrated groan. I went to her and hugged her. She sighed, blissfully. Then I pulled her in for a kiss.

"You want me to write them?" I offered, hoping she'd say yes.

Fluttershy nodded gratefully and handed me to the paper.Within moments, I was done and gave them the her to proof read.

"They're perfect Discord," Fluttershy said, a smile was on her face. She hugged me, and unlike all the other times Fluttershy kissed me first.

~Fluttershy POV~

I KISSED HIM!!! I never thought I'd have the courage to do it. There was something different with this kiss, it was more passionate.

Discord tightened his grip on me. I could feel his heartbeat. It was erratic, and then I realized my heart was beating in sync. Cadence, the princess of love, had said when two ponies hearts beat together as one that they're meant for eachother.

I happily sighed at the thought just as Discord broke the kiss. He noticed my faint blush and chuckled.

"Fluttershy, our hearts were beating together. Do you know what that means?" Discord said coyly. I nodded, my blush deepening," Fluttershy, I've never felt this was about any mare before. I truly believe that this is true love."

My eyes started to water, "I love you Discord. I don't care if my friends get upset about us. I don't ever want to lose you." I broke down into loud sobs. Unfortunately, that caught the attention of a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane who was flying above.

-------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey! Sorry for posting so many short chapters so I thought I'd post a long one :)