Chapter 2: The Talk

AppleJack walked back to Sweet Apple Acres wondering how in the world ahe was going to bring up such a personal matter to her brother. For as long as she could remember Big Mac has always been quite and has always dealt with his problems on his own.

AJ sighed as she walked through the gate to the farm. She looked around for the bright red pony and didn't see him anywhere. AJ was worried, her brother normally is outside working on something.

She trotted to the house and went into the kitchen. On the table there was a not and it was from Big Mac.

AJ,

Went to the Old Oak Tree.

-Big Mac

Aj let out a sigh of relief and left the house. She took in a breathe of fresh air. It smelled sweet, like apples. Aj started toward the Old Oak Tree in search of her brother.

Aj had been walking for some time when she saw her brother. Big Mac was leaning against the oak tree and had a thoughtful look on his face. Aj took a deep breath and started toward her brother.

---Big Mac POV---

Big Mac had been leaning against the Old Oak Tree for awhile thinking about the special mare that had caught his attention quite some time ago. Her mane was light pink and her coat was yellow. Big Mac thought it looked soft. Even though Fluttershy has been to the farm numerous times to get food for her animals he's never been able to speak up and talk to her.

Big Mac's thoughts were interrupted by a pony clearing their throat. He looked up and saw Aj, who looked very nervous.

"Uhh..Big Mac.. Can ah talk to ya about somethin' " She said. Big Mac nodded and Aj sat down beside him.

She took a deep breath, "Well, it's about Fluttershy," Big Mac's heart started to beat faster just hearing her name.

"Well ah'm gonna be as blunt as ah can. Fluttershy likes ya Mac, and she was wonderin' if ya liked her."

Big Mac's heart practically stopped. She likes...me? he thought. His mind started to race and he almost couldn't believe what his sister was telling him.

"Hello?" Aj said waving her hoof in front of his face, "Earth to Mac, so do ya like her or not?"

Big Mac blushed, but Aj couldn't see it through his red coat. "Ah do Aj. Ah've liked her since the first time she came here to buy food for her animals. Ah've just never been able to tell her how ah feel."

Aj was shocked. She never noticed the way he stared at Fluttershy when she came. Aj surely never could've been able to pry who his crush was herself. She wasn't sure what to think besides that they'd be a cute couple.

"Well, uhm, ah gotta go talk to Fluttershy. She needs to know this, "Aj said and got up from her sitting position.

Aj was just about to trot off and head to Fluttershy's cottage when big mac yelled.

"Hey Aj! Could ya mention that ah wanna talk to her? In Person." Big Mac wanted to let her know why he liked her. He wanted to tell her how beautiful she was, and how much he wanted to be with her.

Aj simpky nodded and trotted off.