Chapter One - Felicity

Felicty James has never liked meetings. She didn't like discussing important things with people she didn't know.

Being in a band, there were a lot of meetings, more than she could've realised when she agreed to make music with her friends.

To her, being in a band was about writing music and playing it for people who support you or just plain like a tune you made. If she knew just how often she'd have to go to meetings to discuss things about her band she wasn't even aware had to be discussed, she probably would've taken a few more days to make her decision.

Unfortunately for her, on this particular day, she had a meeting.

Originally, she had planned to spend this particular Tuesday afternoon working on her baking skills. There was a toffee pudding she was just dying to try out.

Of course, the toffee pudding was put on hold and instead, she was sat in a room with a bunch of people, some she didn't know, listening to them discuss the tour her band had only just finished.

"Can't we just move on to why we're here in the first place?" Their manager, a woman named Maria Finkle sighed. "If we wanted to talk about the past, we'd go to a medium."

Felicity internally laughed, Maria's sense of humour was always entertaining.

"Right, okay." The man across the table from Maria nodded.

Felicity didn't know his name. She was certain he had told them it when they first entered the room but she was a little bit distracted by the giant red stain on the front of his t-shirt to focus on it.

She'd given him the name David, he looked like a David to her.

"There's a big opportunity that's just arisen for Nice one, Newton to gain a bigger following." He stated.

Nice one, Newton being the name Felicity dubbed the band after using the phrase sarcastically. Much like the phrase "no shit, Sherlock" just with Isaac Newton instead.

"Yeah, what is it?" Matt, the oldest of the band and the lead vocalist and guitarist, questioned.

"There's this boyband-"

Instantly, the band groaned.

"We're not touring with a fucking boyband." Isaac, youngest and drummer, stated.

"They're good. They're the same age as you and a very similar music."

"Forget it. We're not touring with a bunch of dudes who can't even play." Matt spoke, crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly.

"They can play, very well." Maria looked at the band. "When Pete says boyband he doesn't mean boyband as in Westlife, he means boys who are in a band."

So Pete was his name. Felicity didn't think it suited him at all. If she had named him, he would definitely be David.

"Alright, now we're talking." Matt nodded. "Who are they?"

"Australian band called 5 Seconds of Summer. They're everywhere lately, you must've heard of them." Pete responded, looking over at the band members, silently praying that this bunch of kids knew who the other bunch of kids were.

"Yeah, we have, they toured with One Direction, right?"

"That's them."

"She Looks so Perfect isn't a bad jam." Jeremy, guitarist, informed. Like Felicity, Jeremy tended to let Isaac and Matt do the talking. Those two boys were the funny, charismatic ones, according to the fans at least.

"So, you guys, and girl, are going to be joining them on tour." Pete notified smiling and lacing his fingers together on top of the table.

"When?" It was Isaac who asked the question.

"A couple of days."

"Are you fucking serious?! We just finished a six week tour a couple days ago and you're sending us off already?!"

"If we could've arranged this earlier, we would've but the band that was supposed to support them did a last minute quit on us. We only found out last night and the boys are already in London, waiting for some news to say the tour is still on."

"Great." Isaac grumbled and slouched down in his chair, almost glaring at the floor childishly.

"How long's the tour?" Matt inquired. Being the oldest, he was often the one that dealt with the important things, asked the important questions.

"Three months."

"Wonderful." Isaac got up from his seat and all but stormed out of the room.

"Sorry about him, he's a drama queen." Maria sighed. "He just needs a nap, probably."

"I'm going to go make sure he doesn't mess shit up." Felicity announced quietly to Jeremy who nodded simply. She then got to her feet and slipped out of the room.

When she found Isaac, he was sat in a small room with another guy. There was a sofa, TV, counter, fridge and coffee machine in the room. She suspected if anything else was forced into the room, there'd be no space left to move.

"Hey, Fe." Isaac grinned up at the girl. The boy with him turned his head to also look at Felicity. He smiled widely at her which she returned awkwardly and not as enthusiastically.

She didn't like new people at all. It didn't matter how close they were with her friends or family, if she was faced with a new person, she'd want out.

"We should get back to the meeting." She said pointing out the door.

"Why? We both know you don't want to be there." Isaac scoffed. "Plus, you need to get used to this guy, he's going to be on tour with us."

"Oh." Felicity then waved slightly. She didn't want to get to know him but she didn't exactly want to block him out for three months.

"Hi!" He once again grinned at the girl. "I like your top."

Felicity looked down at herself as she took in his words. A Good Charlotte t-shirt covered her torso and tight black jeans on her legs. She had been wearing a black leather jacket but it was hotter in the meeting that she thought it'd be and had to take it off.

"Thanks." She finally returned the conversation as she looked up. "I like yours." She admitted after looking at his All Time Low tank top.

"Thanks." He smiled widely. "I'm Calum, by the way."

"Felicity."

"Great, now you two sit and talk about bass or whatever you bass players talk about and I'll get back to the others." Isaac almost ordered as he got up, a paper cup of coffee in his hand.

Felicity didn't want to be alone with a completely new person but she didn't stop Isaac from leaving, she didn't follow him either.

Obviously, Calum had the same taste in music as her and from what Isaac said, Calum played bass, like she did.

So, she sat down on the sofa in Isaac's place to the dark haired, All Time Low loving bass player.

-

hey guys so we're reuploading outta my limit onto this account because this is now a joint account for myself and zara. it just makes a lot more sense for us to have our co-writes on the one account instead of just my account

the picture on the side is felicity

please read and vote and comment x