Chapter Twenty Five - Felicity

Waking up next to Michael wasn't a rare happening for Felicity. Actually, it happened almost every morning. But something about this morning was different.

Felicity felt different.

Watching Michael's chest rise and fall as he slept gave her a sense of content. Feeling his hand on her waist, his fingers wiggling every now and then made her stomach flutter. Seeing the smile that lifted his lips as his eyes opened and he looked at her made her heart swell.

She hadn't felt any of this waking up beside Michael before and she felt it meant a lot.

"Morning, beautiful." Michael mumbled, stretching before shuffling closer to the girl.

"Afternoon." She giggled.

"It's the afternoon?" He rolled over and looked at his phone before putting it down once he read the time. "How long've you been awake?"

"About an hour or so."

"Why didn't you wake me?" He whined tugging on her arm so she shuffled closer, leaning on him so they could still talk.

"I don't know, I guess I just liked letting you sleep, you looked happy."

"I'm always happy when I'm asleep but that never usually stops you." Michael scoffed playing with Felicity's hand that laid in the centre of his chest.

"I know but today is different."

"Why?"

"I just, feel different."

"What do you mean?" Michael scrunched his eyebrows together and frowned slightly as he thought up a possibility. "Are you saying you don't want me around anymore?"

"How did you even get that from me feeling different?"

"I dunno, I thought you feel different about us."

"I do."

"Oh, right. Knew this wouldn't last." Michael sighed and held his hands against himself as Felicity sat up.

"You're an idiot." She stated, straddling his hips earning a weird look.

"I must be because I have no idea what's going on right now. Do you want to keep this going or not?"

"No, well, yes I do but I want to change the contract."

"Is this you hinting at sex?" He smirked running his hands over her thighs.

"No." She giggled as he pouted. "But that'll happen, don't worry."

"Good. How do you want this to change then?"

"Well, I think that I'm ready for this to become real."

Instantly, Michael sat up straight, eyes wide and searching Felicity's for hint of a joke.

"You want to be my girlfriend now?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You'd rather question it then just accept it?"

"I want to know." Michael licked his lips and planned to speak more but Felicity didn't want to so she kissed him. "Babe, can we talk about this?" He breathed out as the girls lips travelled to his neck.

"But I thought you want sex." She smirked against his skin as he let out a small noise of pleasure when her hips pushed down against his.

"I do, so fucking much."

"I can tell." She giggled straightening up. "Fuck now, talk later?"

"Deal."

***

At their first dinner date as an official couple, Michael decided it would be the perfect time to talk.

"You going to tell me why you suddenly want to be with me?" He asked before putting a forkful of pasta into his mouth.

"It's not sudden." Felicity stated.

"I know, I meant why are you suddenly thinking now is a good time?"

"Like I said, I feel different."

"And like I said, I have no fucking idea what that means."

"I don't know." She sighed poking her straw. "This morning, watching you sleep, I got this weird feeling, like butterflies but it wasn't just that. It was like my heart was swelling and all I wanted was to be beside you forever. I know that's a lot to say at the start of a relationship and I'm not saying I'm in love with you or anything, I'm not that deep in yet but I'm a lot fucking deeper in than I was last week."

Michael took a few minutes to soak up his girlfriends confession before smiling, his eyes lighting up as he realised just how much he meant to the girl and how there wasn't a chance she was going to turn around and tell him it was all a joke and she still disliked him.

"I don't know how to say that back without fucking up so, ditto." He responded making Felicity laugh.

"Ditto?"

"Ditto."

They both smiled, laughing very quietly before going back to their food.